Can a snake harm my car?

/ Can a snake harm my car? #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
I saw a snake on my carport today and when I went to catch him he ran under my car and then climbed up into the middle of it somewhere. Is there anything a snake can damage under there or will he just keep harmful mice away?

I'll probably lose him next time I go somewhere but if he can cause damage I want to go for a drive right away.

Attachments

• snakebycar.jpg
    snakebycar.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 302
  • snakebycar2.jpg
    snakebycar2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 403
   / Can a snake harm my car? #2  
Probably won't harm anything. But I would not want to be you when it shows up on the floor board when your driving. Just kidding.

/ Can a snake harm my car? #3  
A friend smelled something grilling when he was driving to town... turned out to be snake or part of a snake on the exhaust manifold...

Best he can figure is the snake was decapitated by the fan belt when he started the engine leaving about 30" of it's body on the manifold.

Another friend out hunting found a snake inside the air clean housing coiled around the round air filter element...

My problem is mice setting up home and chewing through lines and insulation.

/ Can a snake harm my car? #4  
Ah, the aroma of dead partially cooked snake in the engine compartment.. or snake sushi running thru the fan blades and slung over a hot engine. I am thinking it might be a good idea to try to remove Mr. snake for his and your benefit.

James K0UA

/ Can a snake harm my car? #5  
Ah, the aroma of dead partially cooked snake in the engine compartment.. or snake sushi running thru the fan blades and slung over a hot engine. I am thinking it might be a good idea to try to remove Mr. snake for his and your benefit.

James K0UA
:laughing: I'm with James, I would at least maybe open the hood and let some light in the motor compartment, he may get the "hint". Nice looking rat snake though, good to have around (outside of your vehicle:D)

/ Can a snake harm my car? #6  

James K0UA

i can remember climbing on my 7610s NH and starting it one hear and hearing an alfull racket and then see mouse PARTS start flying.. all I could do was cover my face for a few moments.

later that day after mowing there was some mice aroma cooking onthe manifold.

once started an old ford 660 and had a snake shoot out from under the dash, over the running baord and my foot and off the back of the tractor.

lastly.

drove to work one day and say a 6' corn snake drop out fom under my truck onto the ground and slither off at work. this must be the same snake I had seen out near my horse trailer a few times earlie r that week. :)

/ Can a snake harm my car? #7  
Set fire to the car immediately! :)

I hate snakes!

/ Can a snake harm my car? #8  
It probably won't hurt anything in the car, but sure could give the driver a surprise if it pops out and starts crawling up their leg! I doubt the snake will stay there long, was probably just trying to escape you.

/ Can a snake harm my car?
I looked in the engine compartment as well as possible, but there are a lot of places a snake can hide that you can't see in modern engine compartments. After I was fairly sure he wasn't around the fan or belts, I started it and ran it a while to let it warm up hoping he would come out when things heated up but not a sign.

I sprinkled some lime all around the car so that if he comes out he will leave a trail and I will know hes gone.

If he doesn't come out, I may drive to a shop and let them do an oil change. HEH, HEH. :eek:

Attachments

• Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 1,690
   / Can a snake harm my car? #10  
You need to be really careful.....watch this video.....I just hope this would never happen to you!

Snakes In A Car - YouTube