Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

Default Can a snake harm my car?

I saw a snake on my carport today and when I went to catch him he ran under my car and then climbed up into the middle of it somewhere. Is there anything a snake can damage under there or will he just keep harmful mice away?

I'll probably lose him next time I go somewhere but if he can cause damage I want to go for a drive right away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can a snake harm my car?-snakebycar.jpg   Can a snake harm my car?-snakebycar2.jpg  
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    09' Kubota b3200HST

Default Re: Can a snake harm my car?

Probably won't harm anything. But I would not want to be you when it shows up on the floor board when your driving. Just kidding.

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23, Craftsman Mower

A friend smelled something grilling when he was driving to town... turned out to be snake or part of a snake on the exhaust manifold...

Best he can figure is the snake was decapitated by the fan belt when he started the engine leaving about 30" of it's body on the manifold.

Another friend out hunting found a snake inside the air clean housing coiled around the round air filter element...

My problem is mice setting up home and chewing through lines and insulation.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Ah, the aroma of dead partially cooked snake in the engine compartment.. or snake sushi running thru the fan blades and slung over a hot engine. I am thinking it might be a good idea to try to remove Mr. snake for his and your benefit.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Ah, the aroma of dead partially cooked snake in the engine compartment.. or snake sushi running thru the fan blades and slung over a hot engine. I am thinking it might be a good idea to try to remove Mr. snake for his and your benefit.

James K0UA
    I'm with James, I would at least maybe open the hood and let some light in the motor compartment, he may get the "hint". Nice looking rat snake though, good to have around (outside of your vehicle)
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post

James K0UA
    i can remember climbing on my 7610s NH and starting it one hear and hearing an alfull racket and then see mouse PARTS start flying.. all I could do was cover my face for a few moments.

later that day after mowing there was some mice aroma cooking onthe manifold.

once started an old ford 660 and had a snake shoot out from under the dash, over the running baord and my foot and off the back of the tractor.

lastly.

drove to work one day and say a 6' corn snake drop out fom under my truck onto the ground and slither off at work. this must be the same snake I had seen out near my horse trailer a few times earlie r that week.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Set fire to the car immediately!

I hate snakes!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx2200

It probably won't hurt anything in the car, but sure could give the driver a surprise if it pops out and starts crawling up their leg! I doubt the snake will stay there long, was probably just trying to escape you.
    Wes
    bx2200
    Taurus PT709 9mm
    01 Honda Shadow

http://doevalley.blogspot.com/
    http://dvministry.blogspot.com/

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

I looked in the engine compartment as well as possible, but there are a lot of places a snake can hide that you can't see in modern engine compartments. After I was fairly sure he wasn't around the fan or belts, I started it and ran it a while to let it warm up hoping he would come out when things heated up but not a sign.

I sprinkled some lime all around the car so that if he comes out he will leave a trail and I will know hes gone.

If he doesn't come out, I may drive to a shop and let them do an oil change. HEH, HEH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can a snake harm my car?-engine.jpg  
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

You need to be really careful.....watch this video.....I just hope this would never happen to you!

Snakes In A Car - YouTube
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast