Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard!

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #1  

don45640

Gold Member
Tractor
918 allis-chalmers
Worst year for allergies for me this year in Southcentral Ohio.:( Why?........ Am I just getting old and weak?LOL! I've been going to an allergist for a year now, and WAS getting some relief until lately.It started to get bad right before I mowed the lawn a week or two ago.I'm due for a new round of tests in a week or so.Maybe they'll get it right? The shots,I mean.:confused:don-ohio :)^)

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #2  
Same here, I have never had the trouble I am now, I take Claritin and Mucines daily along with Flonase. I have never been to an allergist but I may have to.

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #3  
Haven't seen a doctor, but lately been taking a 10 mg Cetirizine hydrochloride (generic Zyrtec) each day, but this is something new to me. My wife used to take Zyrtec, then recently changed from 5 mg Clarinex daily to the 10 mg Cetirizine hydrochloride. And she gives the Chihuahua half of a Benadryl tablet each day.:eek:

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #4  
I got horribly sensitized to allergies when I was stationed in Korea. Asthma attacks, massively drugged out, was definitely affecting my job performance. Finally managed to convince the doctors at Travis AFB to test me for allergies, and agree to put me on shot therapy once they'd identified them.
7 years of shots and no more asthma, and only take some Benedryl once or twice a year anymore.

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #5  
One a day 10 mg Cetirizine for me every day. Never had a problem until about 10 years ago. Doc said it was not unusual...

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #6  
I had really bad problems in February and March, but lately I've been fine. I'm taking several meds regularly including Cetirizine, Spiriva, Advair, and a nasal spray called Astepro. The Spiriva and Advair are supposed to help with my mild COPD, but they also help general lung health. Even so, this time of year my eyes sting and itch. It seems I take spring allergies a lot better than winter weather.

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #7  
Jim, the doctor has my wife not use her nebulizer unless she has to for the time being, but to use the Advair twice a day and Spiriva once a day for her COPD. And of course she takes the Cetirizine. I am going to discontinue the Cetirizine myself after tomorrow and see if I find that I still need it. The stinging and itching eyes were what got me started using it.

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #8  
The Pollen levels have really been high this year in our area. I usually don't sneeze much, but lately I have been sneezing 2-3 times at once in succession.

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #9  
Don & all:

Ya I hear ya last week was REALLY BAD but the weather than came in Late Tuesday/Wednesday (North of Don in center of Ohio too) & took 2 or 3 normal doses but sure didnt work. I LOVED the old (round green) "Drixoral" Cold and Flue but the druggies learned it worked well to make some crank/crystal-meth stuff. SO it went behind the counter then gone as stores stopped selling enough to keep carrying it. Today I was Great again, thanks to the shift in winds.

Mark

/ Allergies! Man they're hitting me hard! #10  
Pollen counts have high in my area per the Weather Channel. I am not usually bothered too much but I did notice that I was doing alot of sneezing after I mowed the lawn the first time the other day.

My mower was down for a part so the grass was pretty high by the time I got to it. I set my mower deck high then trailed the pull behind mower set much lower.

I have been putting up some fencing for a dog pen and had not yet put in a gate. I finally got in there with the walk behind bagger. It was late in the day so there was some dew already. I had some wheel barrows set outside the fence to dump my bagged grass clippings into. I handled quite a few bags of clippings that evening yet nary a sneeze afterwards.

Maybe cutting late in the day is the answer as far as mowing goes. That and wear a mask.