Spring/Fall COLOR trees

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #1  

Anonymous Poster

The "fast-growing tree" thread got me to thinking that list members might have some good thoughts on favorite Spring-blossom/Fall-color trees for those of us looking to put some "life" in our landscapes! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif ??

Larry

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #2  
Larry,

This link was provided by GrantMo, thank you very much Grant. http://www.advancedtree.com/tree_americancran.htm
Check out the American Cranberry, spring white flowers, fall red berries.

My wife does a great job with roses, color all summer and well into late fall. She won't let me in her rose garden, even if I offer to weed. (works for me/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #3  
LHSmith,
Spring time apple trees and flowering {red,pink.white}crab trees,and when autumn arrives you can enjoy the apples along w/ the wildife life.

Fall if you don't mind raking leaves maple and oaks but the down side w/ oak are,if you have a good acorn year mowing acorns are something like forgetting to raise the mower deck on a 1/2 inch pee stone drive, /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gifalso walking on the acorns when the ground is frozen or they are frost covered...just like marbles. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

White birch trees seem to have a nack of color all year round.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #4  
TWINKLE_TOES,
Sure Like to know what your wife has for a touch when it comes to roses.
I've spent $$$ and read and planted but still not luck...arrrrr /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Maybe this year I'll buy the plastic roses. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #5  
My votes would be for cherry trees, flowering crab, redbud, dogwood and magnolias in the spring. I like sugar maples, red and pin oaks in the fall.

Twinkle toes, you're welcome. Here's an even better link that has USDA hardiness zones in it so you can see if the tree can tolerate your winter.

http://www.arborday.org/

Grant

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #6  
How about some visuals to enhance all the talk of colors. Sure beats a gray winter's day.

Attachments

• 8-28476-colors1.jpg
    8-28476-colors1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 88
   / Spring/Fall COLOR trees #7  
DFB,
Your right about a gray winter day...
and your picture really not that far away again. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #8  
I hate my magnolia tree,sheds leaves year round

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

/ Spring/Fall COLOR trees #9  
Thomas, here's some good ol' apple blossoms.

Attachments

• 8-28487-colors2.jpg
    8-28487-colors2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 88
   / Spring/Fall COLOR trees #10  
Twinkle_Toes
I have some 100 year old apple trees one the property I'm going to build on. They bear fruit but the apples are small and some what scabby. There has been nothing done to the trees in years. You seem to know quit a bit abought trees, so my question is, is there any way to bring the trees back,ie-pruning, fertilizer, etc. I don't even know what kind they are but can find out. They taste good, but awfully small.
Any ideas.

Jerry