Gun Control: This speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #131  
Why on earth would you bring a gun to school? No wonder America gives the impression of a war zone. Did anyone even watch the videos posted earlier about actual experience with gun control?

Because we carried our guns with us. It wasn't just to school. The guns stayed in the truck. Might need them to kill a skunk or coyote. Or maybe after school, we were going to go shoot snapping turtles, or tin cans.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #132  
:confused:
Yes, it speaks that an adult left a loaded firearm unsupervised in a house with a 5 and 2 year old and a horrible tragedy happened.

I've also seen many stories about small kids running their siblings over with cars and the keys weren't even in some of them. Lets control car keys and cars.

And tragic back yard drowning deaths in 5 gallon buckets. Lets control buckets.

And dogs of all sizes and breeds mauling children, so lets control dogs.

And kids getting crushed by large TVs falling on them, so lets control large TVs.

This has absolutely nothing to do with gun control (and I favor background checks for all firearms sales and transfers). Its just a horrible, horrible tragedy that a family is going to have to live with for the rest of their lives. Every day in this country children are injured and/or killed in terrible household accidents that could be prevented with a little common sense and safety practices. This is not an incident to further one's agenda for gun control. Just my 2 cents.

Moss should we do back round checks on keys, buckets, dogs, and tv's ???????:confused::confused:

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #133  
Why on earth would you bring a gun to school? No wonder America gives the impression of a war zone. Did anyone even watch the videos posted earlier about actual experience with gun control?

We brought guns to school to go groundhog hunting after school before going home The area the school was in was a valley, with a lot of a lot of farmland planted in alfalfa. The local farmers welcomed the teenagers hunting their fields after school. It was good for the farmers, good for the teenagers and bad for the groundhogs. The hours after school, before darkness are prime groundhog hunting hours. America in those years was anything BUT a warzone. Extremely peaceful, and all the males I knew in school with a few exceptions owned firearms from age 12 up. That's right, almost all kids owned guns. Usually .22 rifles at age 12, I had a .22 pistol by 14 and a little later a .357 magnum revolver and a high powered centerfire rifle (7.7 jap) and a 16 guage shotgun. Your impression of a warzone is crap.

James K0UA

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #134  
Ava has owned a gun since she was 2. It is a pink. 22 cricket with two safety locks. She is a very accurate shooter with it and her circuit judge. She also has a Henry Golden Boy in. 22 caliber. She is 8 now, all her guns are locked in my safe. The reason I'm mentioning this is because she has been around guns and trained how to handle them properly since she could walk and talk. She doesn't fear guns nor is she fascinated by them. If we have guns out during hunting season she has never even given them a second look. The best gun control is to properly train kids from an early age so that they don't fear them and won't play with them either.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #136  
Your impression of a warzone is crap.

I don't know about that. ;) I'd say I was sure in peril at age 15 when that
rabid fox started making its way towards me, as it spun in circles biting
off the end of its tail. And that big groundhog that charged out at me out of its lair
certainly wanted a big piece of me.

They've got big strong sharp teeth. What do you have?...

If you grew up in a rural or farming community, you learned to deal with wild life.
And not just the type found in bars.
Some wild life to eat, some to exterminate, most to just enjoy.
But a gun was a part of that experience on many farms. And I guess in the U.S., most.
perhaps we are all just cowboys and buckaroos.
Could be a lot worse. We might not be free.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #137  
I'm getting tired of all this talk about adding new gun laws and throwing more bureacracy into the fray. If folks really stopped to think about it, more would be gained by having public service announcements and a media blitz talking about safe gun storage.

Most of the school shootings were committed by someone gaining access to a family members firearm. In addition, most of the firearms used by gangbangers to commit inner city crime, were originally bought legally but ended up on the black market through home burglary and other theft where the gun was inadequately stored.

Some commercials about available methods to securely store a firearm would be money better spent than any of the other options being thrown around.

Everyone is knocking the NRA as being hypocrits, but the truth is, groups like the Brady campaign are the true hypocrits. Go to the Brady campaign website and see how many links they have to safe gun handling, safe gun storage or any other gun safety topic. The answer is zero. At least the NRA provides some gun safety resources on their site.

Every gun I own is secured. I don't leave the keys in my cars ignition, neither do I leave a gun unsecured.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #138  
Ava has owned a gun since she was 2. It is a pink. 22 cricket with two safety locks. She is a very accurate shooter with it and her circuit judge. She also has a Henry Golden Boy in. 22 caliber. She is 8 now, all her guns are locked in my safe. The reason I'm mentioning this is because she has been around guns and trained how to handle them properly since she could walk and talk. She doesn't fear guns nor is she fascinated by them. If we have guns out during hunting season she has never even given them a second look. The best gun control is to properly train kids from an early age so that they don't fear them and won't play with them either.

Agree 100%. Both of my girls 7 and 9 love to shoot with daddy and their guns are secured in the safe.

BTW: Not a knock on you, just giving my mindset. I bought mine a Henry mini-bolt with a black stock. I wasn't interested in the pink guns, because I don't want them to ever think it's a toy. Or have anyone else think it might be a toy because it's a cute color.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #139  
I totally agree with you !
I am a third generation farmer, and nobody in our family ever owned a fire arm !
I'm 100% in favor of gun control

A kid could easily get on one of your tractors and run over somebody. According to your silly logic you MUST get rid of your tractors or anything else you have that a kid could kill somebody with!!!!

I am so sick of these people thinking gun control is the answer. Unfreaken believable.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #140  
I don't buy that argument, because the the anti-gun liberal agenda folks are not in control. Especially when the polls show a majority of NRA members do not oppose expanded background checks.

Gun-control is not a binary issue, but if the political blow-back gets strong enough it might head that way. Better to pass reasonable measures like expanded background checks to deflect some of the blow-back now.

Link to this poll? Also, what exactly do you hope to accomplish with an expanded background check? I love the gun control logic, lets force law abiding citizens to be even more law abiding. Government studies have already shown expanded background checks will just send criminals to straw buyers and other means so its a big waste of time. So why do gun control advocates keep pushing? Well what they said on CNBC was this was just one step towards additional gun control measures, a foot in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.