Gun Control: This speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #11  
Sad event.
Gun control begins at home.
Then we should strive to keep them out of the hands of those who will not use them responsibly. Identifying the irresponsible people is the problem.

We'll see how long it takes this thread to go political and get moved.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #12  
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #13  
Sad event.
Gun control begins at home.
Then we should strive to keep them out of the hands of those who will not use them responsibly. Identifying the irresponsible people is the problem.

We'll see how long it takes this thread to go political and get moved.

Almost inevitable as it really has nothing to do with rural living and is political in nature in my opinion anyway. It seems just when things seem to be settling down, someone posts something like this to get a reaction and of course people like me respond, maybe I'll learn some day.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #14  
Nothing on TBN gets a bigger reaction than gun control. I'm always amazed that so many people see any and all gun control as unnecessary and dangerous. Well, I think this situation speaks for itself.

Toddler, five, accidentally kills two-year-old sister with

Yes, it speaks that an adult left a loaded firearm unsupervised in a house with a 5 and 2 year old and a horrible tragedy happened.

I've also seen many stories about small kids running their siblings over with cars and the keys weren't even in some of them. Lets control car keys and cars.

And tragic back yard drowning deaths in 5 gallon buckets. Lets control buckets.

And dogs of all sizes and breeds mauling children, so lets control dogs.

And kids getting crushed by large TVs falling on them, so lets control large TVs.

This has absolutely nothing to do with gun control (and I favor background checks for all firearms sales and transfers). Its just a horrible, horrible tragedy that a family is going to have to live with for the rest of their lives. Every day in this country children are injured and/or killed in terrible household accidents that could be prevented with a little common sense and safety practices. This is not an incident to further one's agenda for gun control. Just my 2 cents.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #15  
This is silly - what gun control do you propose would prevent this sort of thing - that doesn't already exist?? I grew up with my father being a federally licensed firearm dealer. We knew the rules AND the consequences at all times. The guns (and oh boy were there LOTS of them) were locked up in a safe and we never had an issue. Taking one bad parenting example and using it as an excuse to "control" guns is short-sighted at the absolute best. When I was 15, I stopped a violent home invasion at my parents' house with a 12 gauge (did not have to shoot, thankfully, just cycled the action.)

What we need is CRIMINAL control and gun EDUCATION. Currently, we don't have the latter. (And telling kids "guns are bad mmkay, just run away" is NOT education!)

Feel free to not exercise your right to own a gun - but DO NOT take mine away because you don't like it. The founding fathers put "shall not be infringed" in that amendment for a very valid reason.

Nothing in the world sounds like a pump shotgun being chambered does it? You nailed it exactly...pretending that guns don't exist is like pretending that drugs, alcohol and teenage sex don't exist. Proper education can start at an early age and only requires a BB gun. I set up a target trap in the basement when my sons were tiny. With the parent's permission, the neighbor kids were allowed to participate as well. I watched them closely and any violations resulted in closure of the range for the day with an explanation of why. After a few incidents, closures became rare. I know for a fact that my sons never lost the lessons and I'm sure the neighbor kids didn't either.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #16  
Leave it to our "progressive" friends to exploit any tragedy for political gain. Pathetic.

I completely agree and I admire you for being so kind in your response...You suffer fools much better than I. By the OP's logic we should control all knives, pencils, anything sharp, matches etc....What if the boy had tripped and stabbed his little sister with a pencil...could have happened ...every year kids fall on pencils...check it out...but I do despise folks that will use a tragedy like this...so sad ....to push their commie agenda.

I think I might want to add a TROLL ALERT - This post seems to have been made in rural living to gin up response....just sayin'

Last edited:
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself
You can't legislate stupidity. How would gun control have stopped this? Are you saying just take them all away?

How did that registry work out in your country? Eh?

It would have prevented a 5 year old from owning a gun.
It would prevent a 5 year old from using anybody elses gun.
It would require any gun (with exception to the one on your person for CC holders) to be locked.

No you can't legislate stupidity, but you can make it clear what stupidity is, some people seem to need this help. It would then allow for an easy criminal prosecution in a situation like this.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #18  
I totally agree with you !
I am a third generation farmer, and nobody in our family ever owned a fire arm !
I'm 100% in favor of gun control

OK then Man in Black...be a real man and if you are so proud and feel so safe not owning a firearm to defend yourself and family...then post a picture of the sign in front of your house stating your home is gun free...and post your address since you should not mind folks knowing where you are and that you are unarmed....come on big guy.,..:rolleyes:

Leave it to our "progressive" friends to exploit any tragedy for political gain. Pathetic.

You're "progressive" friend has nothing to benefit in your country, we vote for different leaders.

OK then Man in Black...be a real man and if you are so proud and feel so safe not owning a firearm to defend yourself and family...then post a picture of the sign in front of your house stating your home is gun free...and post your address since you should not mind folks knowing where you are and that you are unarmed....come on big guy.,..:rolleyes:

Mr brin from Georgia, check out peoples location right under their avatar. Neither MIB or I live in the States or have any ulterior political motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.