Gun Control: This speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #2  
I totally agree with you !
I am a third generation farmer, and nobody in our family ever owned a fire arm !
I'm 100% in favor of gun control

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #3  
That is just so sad and a tragedy that could have and should have been prevented. My kids learned to shoot at an early age and with a Chipmunk and Anchutz, but when not at the range, they were kept in the safe where they belonged.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #4  
That is just so sad and a tragedy that could have and should have been prevented. My kids learned to shoot at an early age and with a Chipmunk and Anchutz, but when not at the range, they were kept in the safe where they belonged.

Well said. Just as I would not leave poison out in easy reach of children, I keep the guns under lock.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #5  
The adults should have controlled access to the firearm.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #6  
You can't legislate stupidity. How would gun control have stopped this? Are you saying just take them all away?

How did that registry work out in your country? Eh?

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #7  
This is silly - what gun control do you propose would prevent this sort of thing - that doesn't already exist?? I grew up with my father being a federally licensed firearm dealer. We knew the rules AND the consequences at all times. The guns (and oh boy were there LOTS of them) were locked up in a safe and we never had an issue. Taking one bad parenting example and using it as an excuse to "control" guns is short-sighted at the absolute best. When I was 15, I stopped a violent home invasion at my parents' house with a 12 gauge (did not have to shoot, thankfully, just cycled the action.)

What we need is CRIMINAL control and gun EDUCATION. Currently, we don't have the latter. (And telling kids "guns are bad mmkay, just run away" is NOT education!)

Feel free to not exercise your right to own a gun - but DO NOT take mine away because you don't like it. The founding fathers put "shall not be infringed" in that amendment for a very valid reason.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #8  
I don't like fat people. I think we should have ice cream control

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #10  
Leave it to our "progressive" friends to exploit any tragedy for political gain. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.