Steam Powered Box Factory

/ Steam Powered Box Factory #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Received this video in an email; thought it was interesting. Kept thinking: "watch your fingers!". Was also curious as to how they were able to comply with the air, water, solid and hazardous waste regulations...not to mention OSHA.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/_mKSKZau9qs

/ Steam Powered Box Factory #2  
I just visited the USS North Carolina which is an awesome thing to tour. Soooo much of the ship is not open to the public but at least one machine shop was open. What great tools. I assume they lowered the machines into the place and built the ship around them because I don't know how they could have gotten the tools below decks. One of the machines had a couple of belts exposed and I did not see any obvious way to cover the belts with a shield. I don't think OSHA would have approved. Course OSHA would not likely have approved the men working in the laundry for 12 hours a day. The men were allowed to work in their under ware to deal with the heat and humidity.

The one head open to the public had a large number of "seats", sinks and urinals but only two showers! I assume the waste pipes just dumped over board.

Later,
Dan

/ Steam Powered Box Factory #4  
That is interesting. Quite a collection of old machinery. I'm pretty sure I know how the dog lost its tail. :laughing: The guy with the long hair around those belts does make me nervous.

/ Steam Powered Box Factory #5  
Old Nub, the dog, probably got workman's comp.

/ Steam Powered Box Factory
That is interesting. Quite a collection of old machinery. I'm pretty sure I know how the dog lost its tail. :laughing: The guy with the long hair around those belts does make me nervous.

Man, I'm with you. I used to work for a company that mined Uranium; one of the women miners got her hair in some of the machinery and it wasn't pretty.

/ Steam Powered Box Factory #7  
Nice thanks.
Saw a line shaft powered machine shop I think in TX for the oil patch on Youtube not long ago that was a three generation ran shop. I think it may have been electric powered.

/ Steam Powered Box Factory #10  
Got the same thing at Walmart for half the price......