FANTASTIK tip of the day

/ FANTASTIK tip of the day #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
I found that my favorite 3-D cell Maglite had the center battery corroded on the ends, and because Maglite tubes are only open on one end I couldn't push the stuck battery out. I poured about an ounce of Fantastik cleaner into the tube, shook it for a while, then let it sit and after a few minutes it had dissolved much of the corrosion and lubricated the exterior of the batteries and I could shake them out. If you try this, be sure to rinse and dry the inside of the flashlight tube before installing new batteries.

/ FANTASTIK tip of the day #2  
Send it back to Mag and they'll give you a new one as long as you're using brand name batts. I just exchanged 2 last year. Quick turnaround.

Good info on the tip though. But I dont think it would have budged mine, they were jammed so tight.

One thing I heard on the flashlight forums is once the interior anodizing is exposed to battery acid, it's basically ruined and will corrode much faster, so its better to just do the exchange. Havent seen it in person though.

/ FANTASTIK tip of the day
According to the battery label, the maker would "repair or replace any device damaged by leakage" but I don't know what their repair would be like. And the flashlight is a very sentimental item to me, a gift 20 years ago from my dad and a new one will not have the same sentimental value. Mine wasn't corroded that bad, which may be why my cleaning solution worked.

/ FANTASTIK tip of the day #4  
According to the battery label, the maker would "repair or replace any device damaged by leakage" but I don't know what their repair would be like. And the flashlight is a very sentimental item to me, a gift 20 years ago from my dad and a new one will not have the same sentimental value. Mine wasn't corroded that bad, which may be why my cleaning solution worked.

Could have been you caught it in time. Both mine were jammed completely solid. I tried some penetrating fluid and everything but it did nothing. There is only minimal clearance between the batts and the tube,it's almost too tight, if there is any battery swelling its stuck for good.

Ther don,t repair them (mag that is). They cut them open to see what brand it is, if its a name brand, they replace the whole unit, if its a no-name brand, they charge a flat fee for replacement, something like $20 iirc. Plus you have to pay postage to mag in California of course,which was $30 for me, however I was warranting about $80 worth of mag led's so it worked out ok for me.

Can't replace sentimental value however.