Saw something unique this morning

/ Saw something unique this morning #1  

Bill 55

Silver Member
Tractor
1960 ford 901 diesel
I had to go to New Bedford this morning to pick up a set of blades for the LT 1050 Cub Cadet. The first thing I saw when I pulled into the Amish shop that rebuilds anything you haul in or can imagine was a John Deere round baler with an aircooled Deutz diesel and tractor seat attached behind a 20 foot horsedrawn tongue. I would want darn good hearing protection to sit beside that dang diesel engine. I love going to this shop as you never know what you are going to see laying around in various stages of disrepair. The main reason I go there is his prices. The price for a set of blades at TSC is close to $70 and he charged me $30 or I can just buy 1 blade if that is all I need. The last time I need an idler pulley for the Cub he didn't have one in stock and said it would take 4 days to get one I moaned that the grass was going to get ahead of me he said well let me drill the rivets out of that one, put a new bearing in it and bolt it back together. He dropped what he was doing and did it in about 20 minutes and charged me $15. He gets all my mower business.

/ Saw something unique this morning #2  
Sounds like you have quite a "gold mine" there. Dont find many folks that helpful anymore and even harder to find one that is good at it too.

I used to order buggy wheels from an Amish fella back East for metal art I do, sooner or later I'd like to find another one up there that makes them.

/ Saw something unique this morning #3  
Great find. Around here, I take everything I can to the Amish. Great workmanship, honest prices and it's helps people I want to help. They are some of my best friends.