It's MY CAT...(really?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / It's MY CAT...(really?) #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Have a question for the experts here: Prior to my divorce my ex-wife and I had four cats, we both adopted the oldest one back in late 2001 and the other three I chose to adopt myself. Now, during the divorce when my ex moved into her parents home, she asked if I could take care of the oldest one (herefore known as 'her" cat) until she settled things out. I told her okay. After 5 months of living with her parents, and making no effort to relocate said feline, she moved to Tennessee, and made no effort to relocate said feline then either.

Took the cat to the vet today, and told them that I was now the only one responsible for said feline, yet they called my ex-wife to authorize treatment although I had asked them not to. Well, the ex gave me pure he**, saying "It's my cat, how could you tell them to take my name off the account..." etc. Truth is, I DIDN'T tell them to do that but they did anyway...and four hours later my ex and I are still angry at each other.

My position is, if it's HER cat, why can't she be responsible to the critter? She says uprooting him would be too much distress (actually, I think she is just too frickin' lazy to want to care for him) and I asked her if she would EVER be able to be responsible for him, and that I didn't anticipate she would be able to do that...guess how that came across...

So, tell me....whose cat is it, anyway...? :laughing: :laughing:

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #2  
Leave it a the Vets.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #3  
In your case, I would think that Possession is 100% of the Law. If it were me, I wouldn;t ever talk to her again. I think that the other member was correct about leaving it at the Vet's. Best wishes.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #4  
Tell the Vet to send her the bill,and that would be the last time I would go to that Vet. I would have told them off for calling her.
You are divorced-she didn't want the cat,so it is yours,and she has no more claim to it.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #5  
1. Block her number on your phone
2. Keep Cat
3. Enjoy life.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #6  
Why don't you just ask the cat? :cat:

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #7  
Just send her an account each month for food and lodgings and any vets bills that come along. If she pays, she owns it. If she doesn't, you own it.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #8  
Keep the cat, lose the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.