Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC29,Ford Jubilee

Default Re: Bootlaces

Shoe store I buy Red Wings from has a lifetime free laces policy. Only problem is the replacement laces only last about a month. Offered to buy original Red Wing laces,but they don't have them. Seems originals last for a year or two.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deer Lt160

Gander mountain has a good selection. A few are even the wider fatter looking laces out of para cord. I got those to replace the ones in my hiking boots.
    www.stormspoons.com my website
    http://www.etsy.com/people/Forgeblast?ref=pr_profile
    Is where I also have spoons listed.

Veteran Member
    Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St. Louis.
    Tractor
    Bobcat 235, Gravely ZTR.

Somehow this threat just made me laugh. Who would have thought we'd have a thread about shoe laces --- and 2 pages to "boot".

I am amused easily.

MoKelly

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

the laces on my rockies have had the outside shell fall off and is just white on most of it and they have broken a bit short but they still work. This is after like 3 years or so.

What are yall doing with your boots?

I am a forester and wear these boots most of the time, with slipons being the other most of the time. I would say i wear them on avg of 4 days a week all year, the others make up the other time. I am at a desk, in the car, and through the woods every so often or a clearcut. I wear them at home to weekwack, cut grass and firewood as they have steel toe.

I mean i just dont see how some of you are wearing laces out in months? Maybe yall tie your boots so there so tight there about to cut off your circulation?
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Quote Originally Posted by MoKelly View Post
    Somehow this threat just made me laugh. Who would have thought we'd have a thread about shoe laces --- and 2 pages to "boot".

I am amused easily.

MoKelly
    A few years ago, the Wall Street Journal had a article about shoe laces. If it is ok for the WSJ to have a front page story about shoe laces, I think it is OK for TBN!

When this TBN discussion popped up I was thinking back to the WSJ article. The article was about FLAT vs ROUND shoe laces! For some reason, some athletic shoe companies were moving from flat to round shoe laces which had some buyers up in arms or should that be legs and feet? Apparently ROUND shoe laces become untied very easily compared to FLAT shoelaces. This is something I have never paid any attention too but I did after reading the article. My shoes have round laces and they DO seem to come untied very easily.

I do know that my very expensive European made hiking boots have flat laces and they are still good even though they are close to 20 years old. My work boots have had a variety of flat vs round laces but they ware always getting untied because I walk some much in brush.

So think about round vs flat laces. Just to make things more fun.

Later,
    Dan

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

My old pair of desert combat boots had round nylon laces that frequently came undone, even with wrapping around the boot top and securing with a square knot. Flat cotton laces seem to grip much better.

Tractor
    JD 2720

I like the wide flat sticky ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bootlaces-shoe-jpg  
    HAVE FUN

Life is easier when you plow around the stumps.

Tractor Anoesis

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

I think para cord would be best for some of you as rough as you are it sounds?
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Ford 1100

Well...I'm not cutting off my circulation. Wear them everyday at work. Wear an old pair at home when I'm working on anything. Yard work, garden, car, woodshop, etc. I don't untie them. Leave them double knotted & just wind them around the upper cleats. Not super tight or even very snug, but I guess I'm really hard on them rubbing through the eyes.

Veteran Member

The laces in my Wolverine boots last for years, the laces in my Red Wings last months. Seems that Red Wing didn't properly crimp the eyelets and the rough edges on the eyelets cut into the laces. I took a hammer and a flaring tool to seat the offending eyelets and it doubled the length of time my laces last. I wish those kevlar laces had a shorter version, something around 50".
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast