Bootlaces

/ Bootlaces #11  
Shoe store I buy Red Wings from has a lifetime free laces policy. Only problem is the replacement laces only last about a month. Offered to buy original Red Wing laces,but they don't have them. Seems originals last for a year or two.

/ Bootlaces #12  
Gander mountain has a good selection. A few are even the wider fatter looking laces out of para cord. I got those to replace the ones in my hiking boots.

/ Bootlaces #14  
the laces on my rockies have had the outside shell fall off and is just white on most of it and they have broken a bit short but they still work. This is after like 3 years or so.

What are yall doing with your boots?

I am a forester and wear these boots most of the time, with slipons being the other most of the time. I would say i wear them on avg of 4 days a week all year, the others make up the other time. I am at a desk, in the car, and through the woods every so often or a clearcut. I wear them at home to weekwack, cut grass and firewood as they have steel toe.

I mean i just dont see how some of you are wearing laces out in months? Maybe yall tie your boots so there so tight there about to cut off your circulation?

/ Bootlaces #15  
Somehow this threat just made me laugh. Who would have thought we'd have a thread about shoe laces --- and 2 pages to "boot".

I am amused easily.

MoKelly

:laughing::laughing::laughing: A few years ago, the Wall Street Journal had a article about shoe laces. If it is ok for the WSJ to have a front page story about shoe laces, I think it is OK for TBN! :p:D:D:D

When this TBN discussion popped up I was thinking back to the WSJ article. :D:D:D The article was about FLAT vs ROUND shoe laces! :confused3::shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: For some reason, some athletic shoe companies were moving from flat to round shoe laces which had some buyers up in arms or should that be legs and feet? Apparently ROUND shoe laces become untied very easily compared to FLAT shoelaces. This is something I have never paid any attention too but I did after reading the article. My shoes have round laces and they DO seem to come untied very easily.

I do know that my very expensive European made hiking boots have flat laces and they are still good even though they are close to 20 years old. My work boots have had a variety of flat vs round laces but they ware always getting untied because I walk some much in brush.

So think about round vs flat laces. Just to make things more fun. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Bootlaces #16  
My old pair of desert combat boots had round nylon laces that frequently came undone, even with wrapping around the boot top and securing with a square knot. Flat cotton laces seem to grip much better.

/ Bootlaces #17  
I like the wide flat sticky ones.

Attachments

• shoe.jpg
    shoe.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 97
   / Bootlaces #18  
I think para cord would be best for some of you as rough as you are it sounds?

/ Bootlaces
Well...I'm not cutting off my circulation. Wear them everyday at work. Wear an old pair at home when I'm working on anything. Yard work, garden, car, woodshop, etc. I don't untie them. Leave them double knotted & just wind them around the upper cleats. Not super tight or even very snug, but I guess I'm really hard on them rubbing through the eyes.

/ Bootlaces #20  
The laces in my Wolverine boots last for years, the laces in my Red Wings last months. Seems that Red Wing didn't properly crimp the eyelets and the rough edges on the eyelets cut into the laces. I took a hammer and a flaring tool to seat the offending eyelets and it doubled the length of time my laces last. I wish those kevlar laces had a shorter version, something around 50".