Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #1  

timster2

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230 & B2320
I was working out in the garage and from the neighbors house comes a blood curdling scream and dogs barking. I know the neighbor does not own a dog so my senses are telling me this is not good. I thought the guy was chasing the dogs but the screams were not that tone of voice. Well I jump on my tractor and rush up the right of way for the power-lines between our houses and he is under his pick up with two pit bulls trying to drag him out from under the truck. When I get there the two dogs turn their attention to me. I carry a .380 to scare the bears if needed but today it saved a life. The two dogs came for me and I shot the lead dog then the other tried to circle around my back and I shot that one as well. All totaled five rounds two dead pit bulls.

Neighbors legs had chunks of flesh missing and he was bitten in the face, both hands, shoulder and both legs pretty bad. Never thought I would use my weapon for any more than target practice or to scare away a bear or coyote.
Here is a picture of dog number 1, that's the neighbors blood all over the dog.
Pit bull.jpg

Last edited:
   / Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #2  
Did you call the POlice? Nice heavy, expensive collar on that dog. He was no stray.

The neighbor was danged lucky you were able to help. A man was killed a few months ago by a neighbors Pit Bull. The man had gone to check a friends house and the Pit Bull ran over and killed the man.

A sheriff deputy was mauled in my county by a group of Pit Bulls a few years back when responding to an alarm. She was danged lucky to have survived. She and backup shot the dogs but at least one of the 3-4 dogs lived.

I hope your neighbor is going to be ok.

Later,
Dan

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #3  
Tim - I wish I had you as a neighbor....Nice going ..your neighbor owes you his life...I hope the owner of those dogs has to pay a large sum to your neighbor and you as well...don't forget you were attacked as well and had you just walked over ...well you know.....

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #4  
Kudos! A good reason to carry full time.

FWIW, a .380 is worthless against bears. I'd recommend .357 magnum at the least.

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #5  
That is a shame you and your neighbor had to go through that ordeal because someone was irresponsible with their dogs.

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #6  
Glad you were able to help out your neighbor (and yourself), Tim.

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #7  
Call your attorney NOW. :rolleyes:

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #8  
That is a shame you and your neighbor had to go through that ordeal because someone was irresponsible with their dogs.

x 1000. I love dogs, pitties included, but would have done the same in your situation.

It's sad when animals have to pay such a high price for being owned by idiots. I hope your neighbor will be OK, he owes you, big-time.

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #9  
Way to go, timster2!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope your neighbour's injuries aren't too bad and he's up and sharing a couple of cool ones with you ASAP.

/ Neighbor attacked by Pit Bulls #10  
Good for you, man!

"Oh, my sweet little pit bull would never hurt anyone!" Or, "She is a loving dog, I can't believe she could have killed that little boy!" We hear it all the time. People get a dog bred for fighting and can't understand that a fighting dog would attack.

Many insurance companies either won't cover you or will charge a higher premium for liability if you own one of several breeds they believe are dangerous.

We've been watching the various animal shelters for a golden retriever. Every time we look, about 20% of the dogs are pit bulls. At least some pit bull owners figure it out. But management at the shelters haven't gotten it--they try real hard to place pit bulls in homes rather than kill them. Some day they will get it when one of their folks gets attacked.

Many years ago there was an article about 2 guys hunting birds, got charged by a bear. Both had pistols just in case. One had a .38 & the other a 9mm. Typical story, the bear died at their feet. Hit many times by both guns, only the .38 penetrated enough to have killed the bear. .380? Looks like it's good for pit bulls, but it might just make a bear mad.