7 Spruce Trees

/ 7 Spruce Trees #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I am going to cut down 7 Colorado Blue Spruce Trees that are between 15 and 20 feet tall. Are the trunks worth anything other than dunnage, firewood or making 2x4's?

If I left them outside untill the end of the year will they even be good for that?

/ 7 Spruce Trees #4  
Could have cut about 1/2" deep around them and tossed in a match a few weeks later & been ablaze for a few min and all gone. Not too much wood in them sized trees and they are pretty sap filled this time of year. With the sap they are not very good for inside type stoves OK for camp fire or outdoor stoves.

Mark

/ 7 Spruce Trees #5  
I burn whole trees. The sap makes them more trouble than they are worth. Why you want them down?

/ 7 Spruce Trees
I burn whole trees. The sap makes them more trouble than they are worth. Why you want them down?

They certainly are more trouble than they are worth. I stuck a pole saw into them and cut a "window" so a saw can get in them to cut them down. I haven't worked up that good of a sweat for a long time, and I take long afternoon walks just for the fun of it.

I am taking them down to make room for a pole building being put up this fall.

/ 7 Spruce Trees #7  
They certainly are more trouble than they are worth. I stuck a pole saw into them and cut a "window" so a saw can get in them to cut them down. I haven't worked up that good of a sweat for a long time, and I take long afternoon walks just for the fun of it.

I am taking them down to make room for a pole building being put up this fall.

That sounds fun, I just put up a small one myself a 24x20x10 with a 10' covered patio.

/ 7 Spruce Trees #8  
You could advertise them for sale "Free".... Let a landscaper know.... "Free" but the roots must go with the trees... trees gone, roots gone.....

/ 7 Spruce Trees #9  
I doubt the trunks are worth anything. Probably best just to cut em up and burn em.

Too bad you can't move them, I bet the look quite nice.