Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals

/ Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals #1  

jim_wilson

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200 w/ BH77 & 12", 18" & 24" buckets, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660, Artillian Fork frame, Extreme 3pt rake, Concrete Mixer, MyTractorTools grapple adapter
I have a Wacker compactor that needs some work done on it's Honda GX160 engine - and I can't seem to find the repair manual
anywhere.

What I really need to know is : what do I have to do to replace the crankcase oil seals?

/ Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals #2  
Is there something special you see that suggests you do not the standard method of seal insertion? I am looking at my Honda mower HR194-214 repair manual which has an exploded engine parts diagram and it says nothing about special service tools for seal installation. It should be the same seal installation method you use when you replace the seals on your 1966 front brake drums, or your 1970 Plymouth Fury rotors. My pressure washer manual does not have any details about the GX160.

/ Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals
Is there something special you see that suggests you do not the standard method of seal insertion? I am looking at my Honda mower HR194-214 repair manual which has an exploded engine parts diagram and it says nothing about special service tools for seal installation. It should be the same seal installation method you use when you replace the seals on your 1966 front brake drums, or your 1970 Plymouth Fury rotors. My pressure washer manual does not have any details about the GX160.

I'm not really that familiar with the engine. I just wanted to see what the manual might have to say about installing new seals. From what I can see online there is a factory rebuild manual available - I just can't seem to find one uploaded anywhere.

/ Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals #4  
There is nothing special about installing the seals. Just look at where the old seal sits in the bore, is it flush or recessed? Put in the same place.
Make sure the surface that the seal rides is clean and good condition. Lub seal surface before installing.