Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals

I have a Wacker compactor that needs some work done on it's Honda GX160 engine - and I can't seem to find the repair manual
    anywhere.

What I really need to know is : what do I have to do to replace the crankcase oil seals?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 870

Default Re: Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals

Is there something special you see that suggests you do not the standard method of seal insertion? I am looking at my Honda mower HR194-214 repair manual which has an exploded engine parts diagram and it says nothing about special service tools for seal installation. It should be the same seal installation method you use when you replace the seals on your 1966 front brake drums, or your 1970 Plymouth Fury rotors. My pressure washer manual does not have any details about the GX160.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Re: Looking for repair manual (PDF) - for Honda GX160 - need to replace oil seals

Quote Originally Posted by JimRB View Post
    Is there something special you see that suggests you do not the standard method of seal insertion? I am looking at my Honda mower HR194-214 repair manual which has an exploded engine parts diagram and it says nothing about special service tools for seal installation. It should be the same seal installation method you use when you replace the seals on your 1966 front brake drums, or your 1970 Plymouth Fury rotors. My pressure washer manual does not have any details about the GX160.
    I'm not really that familiar with the engine. I just wanted to see what the manual might have to say about installing new seals. From what I can see online there is a factory rebuild manual available - I just can't seem to find one uploaded anywhere.

Veteran Member

There is nothing special about installing the seals. Just look at where the old seal sits in the bore, is it flush or recessed? Put in the same place.
    Make sure the surface that the seal rides is clean and good condition. Lub seal surface before installing.