REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #31  
Audie Murphy- an actor and the most decorated soldier of WW2

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #32  
Chuck Zito

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST
Do you think the actors of today would volunteer for armed services? NO.

Though no actor Pat Tillman came to mind when you said that. Different breed indeed.

Boone

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #34  
Jack Hamm
Jack Lambert
Clint Eastwood (in his day)

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #35  
Capt Kangaroo... can't remember his real name but stood on the beach under full fire at IJ directing his Marines.

mark

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #37  
Capt Kangaroo... can't remember his real name but stood on the beach under full fire at IJ directing his Marines.

mark

Bob Keeshan, and the story isn't true. He apparently never saw combat in WWII.

He is certainly a man to admire, none the less.

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #38  
Humbert Roque "Rocky" Versace was in the Special Forces in Viet Nam when he was captured by the VC just before his tour was to be completed. He had volunteered to extend his tour. If he had not extended his tour, he would not have been captured. He is the only person I have ever read about who did not break under torture. The VC killed him as a result. Once his tour was over, he was going to become a Priest and I think his faith provided the strength to defeat the VC torture. He tried to escape numerous times, one time even though he could only crawl due to his injuries. He was awarded a Silver Star but eventually he was given a Medal of Honor.

The actor who played Sgt Carter in Gomer Pyle USMC, Frank Sutton, had over a dozen combat landings in the Pacific.

The wifey has an uncle who was a medivac copter pilot in Viet Name who was shot down THREE times. One crash really messed him up and he was in the hospital for months. I assume he has at least one or two Bronze or Silver stars, and it would not surprise me if he as a Cross, but he, like other really tough guys, do not talk about such things. The wifey's grandmother still tells the story about him landing a copter in the cow pasture, which scared the cows so much, they did not give milk for a couple of days. :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: Grandma still gets worked up over that little incident. :D:D:D

This same guy bought a brand new car and had a herd of deer jump in front of the car. He walked away from the crash but some of the deer did not. After the car was fixed, it was totaled when another group of Kamikaze deer jump in front of the car. One time he was working on his roof and nobody was home. He fell of the roof and broke one arm and one leg. I think one or both breaks were compound fractures. He landed on his porch which had some unique design characteristics. He had to crawl to the steps that went UP to a landing, then he had to crawl DOWN another set of steps, before he had to crawl UP a third set of steps to get into the house. Once in the house, he had to crawl to the kitchen and stand up to dial the phone hanging on the wall...

He also likes to BBQ. He has a garage that is full of grills and smokers. We were over at his house one time for a pig pick'n. :licking::licking::licking: I noticed that his face, parts of his arms and legs were bright red. He was missing some body hair too. A week or so before the pig pick'n he had gone out to start a grill. Unfortunately, one of the propane tanks had either been left on or had leaked. When he let the grill BOOM! He got flash burned.

I can't figure if this guy is the Luckiest or Unluckiest Guy in the world. :confused3::laughing::laughing::laughing:

One thing is for sure, he is a real tough dude!

Later,
Dan

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #39  
Humbert Roque "Rocky" Versace was in the Special Forces in Viet Nam when he was captured by the VC just before his tour was to be completed. He had volunteered to extend his tour. If he had not extended his tour, he would not have been captured. He is the only person I have ever read about who did not break under torture. The VC killed him as a result. Once his tour was over, he was going to become a Priest and I think his faith provided the strength to defeat the VC torture. He tried to escape numerous times, one time even though he could only crawl due to his injuries. He was awarded a Silver Star but eventually he was given a Medal of Honor.

The actor who played Sgt Carter in Gomer Pyle USMC, Frank Sutton, had over a dozen combat landings in the Pacific.

The wifey has an uncle who was a medivac copter pilot in Viet Name who was shot down THREE times. One crash really messed him up and he was in the hospital for months. I assume he has at least one or two Bronze or Silver stars, and it would not surprise me if he as a Cross, but he, like other really tough guys, do not talk about such things. The wifey's grandmother still tells the story about him landing a copter in the cow pasture, which scared the cows so much, they did not give milk for a couple of days. :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: Grandma still gets worked up over that little incident. :D:D:D

This same guy bought a brand new car and had a herd of deer jump in front of the car. He walked away from the crash but some of the deer did not. After the car was fixed, it was totaled when another group of Kamikaze deer jump in front of the car. One time he was working on his roof and nobody was home. He fell of the roof and broke one arm and one leg. I think one or both breaks were compound fractures. He landed on his porch which had some unique design characteristics. He had to crawl to the steps that went UP to a landing, then he had to crawl DOWN another set of steps, before he had to crawl UP a third set of steps to get into the house. Once in the house, he had to crawl to the kitchen and stand up to dial the phone hanging on the wall...

He also likes to BBQ. He has a garage that is full of grills and smokers. We were over at his house one time for a pig pick'n. :licking::licking::licking: I noticed that his face, parts of his arms and legs were bright red. He was missing some body hair too. A week or so before the pig pick'n he had gone out to start a grill. Unfortunately, one of the propane tanks had either been left on or had leaked. When he let the grill BOOM! He got flash burned.

I can't figure if this guy is the Luckiest or Unluckiest Guy in the world. :confused3::laughing::laughing::laughing:

One thing is for sure, he is a real tough dude!

Later,
Dan

Let me guess. His nickname is "Lucky" isn't it? :laughing:

/ REAL LIFE TOUGH-GUYS LIST #40  
Let me guess. His nickname is "Lucky" isn't it? :laughing:

You would think! :laughing::laughing::laughing: But they just call him is birth name. I think I am the only one that has noticed the long line events this guy has been through. The rest of the family pays no mind, except for grandma who is still pissed off about the copter landing costing them a couple of milkings! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan