Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    None

Default Re: Helpful neighbor!

SA Be careful playing the Code issues card. In Mi. if you buy a piece of property you may also buy the cleanup. Good luck in this whole pile of dung.

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

The more I read, the higherI think of Shield Arc.
    David from Jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

The more I read, the higherI think of Shield Arc.
    David from Jax

And the less I think of my posting skills. Sorry for the double post
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Tractor
    John Deere 111

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    IANAL, but I'd be careful with what you're suggesting there. I think that's called extortion (think that's the right word?)! When you threaten her like that, I'm afraid you're going to put your neck in a noose!
    That's why you have the lawyer do the work. Lawyers know how to do this and stay legal.
    Considering what Midniteoyl said in post #165, I think he/she's got it nailed good. Gets ya to think, at least.

Now reconsidering all of this that's been said, Shield Arc, what contact have you had with her? Have you two actually sat down and discussed any of this, neighbor to neighbor?
    Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to invite her over for a BBQ. I dunno.

Just throwing all sorts of ideas out there for you, since I'm not there I have no idea what's going on, on both sides.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtn.Hillbilly View Post
    If legal action is pending, yes, it absolutely would be a bad idea. No contact except through your lawyer or a cop at this point, IMO.

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtn.Hillbilly View Post
    Now reconsidering all of this that's been said, Shield Arc, what contact have you had with her? Have you two actually sat down and discussed any of this, neighbor to neighbor?

Just throwing all sorts of ideas out there for you, since I'm not there I have no idea what's going on, on both sides.
    I've tried several times over the years to talk to her over the barbwire fence, to settle our differences! But she just walks away. The first time she had me in court, my lawyer suggested to her lawyer that maybe some type of counseling would help us. Her lawyer walked right over to her and suggested it. She let out a big laugh, and walked away from him.
    I would much ratter get along with her than fight! I get along just fine with all the other neighbors. The one neighbor to the east of my 5-acres is a single older woman living alone, just like this woman. Both women burn wood for heat. When ever I take down a tree, I buck it up load the wood in the dump trailer and take it all over to the neighbor to the east. Notice the large fir trees missing around my shop? I gave all that wood to the neighbor to the east. I'd have no problem helping this woman too, but she won't let it go.

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse.
    Lincoln LF-72 wire feeder.
    Lincoln SG Spool gun.

2 Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300.
    Everlast PowerArc 200ST.
    3 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw.
    Hypertherm Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.
    JD2 model 3.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

Oh ya.. its a little beyond 'lets talk this out' now.. That was years ago. The seed has grown.. Only thing to do now is what you are doing.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

As a land surveyor, I've seen a few of these situations first hand. Most don't get this bad, but I've seen at least one. People end up getting a twisted though in their head and they stick with it. Call it denial. I once stood on a boundary line with a person and showed them the front and rear corners. They were both flagged up and you could see them both. The person stood there and told me it wasn't a straight line between the two corners. I said that is the definition of a straight line. Her eyes were drawn to the field line, or the line she mowed, or whatever her she imagined at the "correct boundary line" and this line was curved so this made my boundary line not straight and made it wrong. People believe what they want to and see what they want to.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    1978 Kubota L285, 1951 Farmall h, 1946 Farmall m, 1950 John Deere A, 1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee, 195? Ford 850, 1948 Case DC

What a story...and a nightmare....but a riveting story...(feel bad for your pain though).

Do you happen to know if she was one of the "bidding war bidders" that ultimately ended up losing out when the Alaska seller said he wanted you to have it at the realtor listing price? If she was willing to grossly overpay to buy that 5 acre parcel originally then maybe she indirectly felt she had money to waste on trying to steal that 1.3 acres from you as a consolation prize. Only thing I can even remotely think of that makes any semblance of sense. She may have thought that you would not spend the 30K to fight her and for the amount she was going to overpay on the original 5 acres that she could simply put that amount of money towards trying to at least obtain the 1.3 acres as a second choice consolation prize.

Not much else that I can think of that makes any sense at all. Short of mental illness not much else makes sense because all her actions defy common sense.

Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by rankrank1 View Post
    What a story...and a nightmare....but a riveting story...(feel bad for your pain though).

Do you happen to know....

Not much else that I can think of that makes any sense at all. Short of mental illness not much else makes sense because all her actions defy common sense.
    She is clearly a few beers short of a case, as I confirmed in an earlier post, so that staying as far away from her as possible is the only safe recourse until the inevitable explosion occurs from having her mainspring wound too tight or she gets a mental hygiene arrest to deal with her mind being like unto a steel trap- sprung.

Seriously though, Shield Arc, you continue to live up to the legend- you keep your cool when others might not, and have the bases covered.

Hang in there,
    Thomas

PS: Mr. Arc Please check your inbox. :-)

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast