Helpful neighbor!

/ Helpful neighbor! #71  
I had 3 surveys done on my place neighbor had 2. Our line had been surveyed 7 times in 5 years. Out of the 7 times and 4 different surveyors. Only 2 agreed and those 2 did it 2x's each and agreed each time. The other 3 were all over the place. A survey is about $500-$800 her if you pay CASH double if you don't. And we still went to court.
The other three should have their licenses suspended. I used to work on a survey crew. You cannot expect 100% agreement, because there is a certain amount of error permitted. If the other three were all over the place then they need re-certified. Depending on who initiated the court proceedings, I'd consider a counter-suit expecting a full reimbursement of the surveyor after the first one.

The neighbor lady doesn't work as fast at rebuilding my fence as she did in tearing it down. This is all she got done today. Should I accept this as good enough? :laughing:
NO. Not acceptable at all. Them ain't T posts, thems sticks!
I'm not telling you what to do or how to do it, but if I were in your shoes and based on what info you have provided already, I'd sue her. Full reimburse for the multiple surveyors, for the new fencing, and then tack on treble damages (some states permit this) and attorneys fees. That alone puts it in the $50k+ area, I think. Then before it goes before a judge (your lawyer will know the best time, really) offer to remove the treble damages in exchange for her showing the court proof that she's had a psych eval done.

Now I realize this will raise a few eyebrows. There and certainly here. But in this case you're seeking your money back and offering to let her off easy in a move that would, to any logical mind, appear to be more humanitarian than anything. To the court, to the sheriff and to the surveyors. And right now those are your primary allies. You might be surprised how thankful she might be. Sometimes mental illness creeps up on folks and they don't know it until it's too late.

Of course I could be totally wrong about it and she might hunt you down, shoot you, shoot your wife, trash your home, burn your car and rape your dog in a weird satanic ritual.

People get weird sometimes, know what I mean? :eek:

/ Helpful neighbor! #72  
Mate, I really do feel your pain in this situation...

However I'm firing up the popcorn machine & gettin' comfy for this. I'm gobsmacked by what she's done!

/ Helpful neighbor! #73  
The neighbor lady doesn't work as fast at rebuilding my fence as she did in tearing it down. This is all she got done today. Should I accept this as good enough? :laughing:

What motivated her to rebuild? Perhaps someone had a "talk" with her? After reading of your experiences with her, I am extra-thankful for most of my neighbors!

I hope you get this resolved soon!

/ Helpful neighbor!
The responding officer deputy McDonald is off for two day. Yesterday and today. My wife had a long telephone conversation with another deputy yesterday. He said to e-mail the new pictures, and information to deputy McDonald. When she returns to work Saturday she will complete her report turn it into the county prosecutors office. In just a few days the prosecutors will issue an arrest warrant, someone from the sheriff's office will go out and arrest the neighbor. He also said every time the neighbor touches the fence, or comes onto our property that we can document, it makes things worse for the neighbor. Right now I plan on letting the law handle it. My last lawyer is now a judge, but I have another very good lawyer if needed! But for now I'm going to use the tax payer's money, I've already spent over $30,000.00 on this nut job defending my property.
Before my lawyer was made a judge he said he was going to foreclose on her property for the money she already owes me from the last lawsuit. Personally I think this is going to get very interesting before it is over!

RCW 9A.48.080: Malicious mischief in the second degree.

Here is a plan view of our properties from the county website. The 2 1/2-acres in blue is where I live. The youngest daughter lives on the 2 1/2-acres to the west. The 5-acres to the south is mine. The other 5-acres south of that is the neighbor lady's. Just to give you guys an idea of the layout.

Attachments

• Fields road.jpg
    Fields road.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 1,349
   / Helpful neighbor! #75  
If you already have 30K in this I would invest another $500 in a good color camera that automatically takes pictures of anything that is running around in the area
my :2cents:

/ Helpful neighbor! #76  

I think she is "dumb like a fox" so to speak. She knows her claims have cost you big money and she just wants to keep up the pressure. Perhaps, your fence looked too good, so she tore it down and is putting it back up with stick-posts so she can claim it's an eyesore. Unless this is the way she does work at her own place, I'd think something was up. She'll make your fence look like trash and then complain it makes her place look bad as her next ploy. Besides, she figures harassing you is good fun as long as she hasn't spent a night in jail and you are spending the big bucks. Her fine for criminal mischief is far less than you've spent. I know this is far out, but it seems obvious she is up to something strange. Don't expect rational behavior from irrational people.

/ Helpful neighbor! #77  
I would get quotes to have it professionally done so she can see $ wise the destruction she has done

/ Helpful neighbor! #78  
If you already have 30K in this I would invest another $500 in a good color camera that automatically takes pictures of anything that is running around in the area
my :2cents:
This. Color game cams without a visible flash mounted 30' up the trees would be the cats meow (make sure there is one that is very well hidden pointed at the more obvious cameras so that you can catch her if she destroys it)...

Aaron Z

/ Helpful neighbor! #80  
I can't give you any more ideas or thoughts, but I will have you in my prayers that this does not take a turn for the worse.