Helpful neighbor!

/ Helpful neighbor! #911  
I bet the court appointed lawyer wants her to only pay 50.00 a month. The longer it is stretched out, the more he makes.

/ Helpful neighbor! #912  
I bet the court appointed lawyer wants her to only pay 50.00 a month. The longer it is stretched out, the more he makes.

No they are usually on an annual contract. They get $x/yr but are only handed a certain number of cases a year. So if a case does not close out in a calendar year they still get the same number of cases the next year, but have to deal with the one that did not close out either. So they want to close the case ASAP.

/ Helpful neighbor! #913  
Wonder what judge would or could do if this woman paid nothing?

Can't put her in jail and probably impossible to garnish her SS?

/ Helpful neighbor! #914  
Wonder what judge would or could do if this woman paid nothing?

Can't put her in jail and probably impossible to garnish her SS?

Very few reason are allowed for garnishing SS or VA Compensation. Basically the only ones with real power to do it is the SSA/VA/IRS..

/ Helpful neighbor! #915  
There ought to be some way to attach interest to and then get a lien on her home. Then it's just money in the bank because some day she will check out and he will get paid--with interest.

/ Helpful neighbor! #916  
There ought to be some way to attach interest to and then get a lien on her home. Then it's just money in the bank because some day she will check out and he will get paid--with interest.

Pretty sure I suggested that a ways back. About the only way he'll know that he might get paid in the end. There are other lien/debt holders that get first pick though so not guaranteed.

/ Helpful neighbor! #917  
Pretty sure I suggested that a ways back. About the only way he'll know that he might get paid in the end. There are other lien/debt holders that get first pick though so not guaranteed.

She'll have equity in her home and almost certainly will pass on and require probate. This obligation will be a part of it and debts will be paid. Can't close the estate otherwise.

/ Helpful neighbor! #918  
Wow Shield. I had followed this thread since the beginning, but stepped away from TBN for a couple of years. Wanting to know the rest of the story, I sat down to catch up. Never dreamed it would still be going!!

About all a person can do now is laugh about it. You hang in there!

/ Helpful neighbor! #919  
Yeah, I'm curious too.....been 9-10 months since an update.

/ Helpful neighbor! #920  
Same here. I opened it Hoping SA was back with an update.