Helpful neighbor!

/ Helpful neighbor! #932  
Yes, thanks for the update. I'm subscribed to this thread as I have a similar situation at my rental property. Crazy lady next door know as "Harley Charlie". She's been causing me and my tenants grief since around 2001.

Legal action has been less than effective, to say the least.

/ Helpful neighbor! #933  
Other than non-payment, have you had any other trouble with her? I'm not saying you should forgive the debt, but if she's been behavin' herself, that's pretty much all you can expect. Can't get blood out of a turnip...

Tolerance and patience will win the day. If the poor gal was our relative, we'd try to iron things out with her neighbors, wouldn't we? Maybe having nobody's compassion is part of her problem ..

WIMI lonely and friendless people matter. The lady has done wrong. She might not have a penny to take from her. SA will live longer and has spent what he'd recover tenfold. There's not much of a happy ending in sight, but I'm hoping that the wor$t of this is over with .. t o g

/ Helpful neighbor! #934  
We have a judgement against her already. She tried to steal 1 1/3-acres. With adverse possession. That is 12% interest until she pays. That cost us $30,000.00 in legal fees.
I most likely made the mistake of letting the legal system handle her destroying our fence!:(

Keep in mind in many areas some types of Liens and or Judgments have limited life span. They have to be renewed every so often. Make sure on your issues.

/ Helpful neighbor!
According to my lawyer, who is a judge now. The judgement is 12% until she pays. Which she never will! I'll have to wait until she dies, and her kids sell her place.

/ Helpful neighbor! #936  
According to my lawyer, who is a judge now. The judgement is 12% until she pays. Which she never will! I'll have to wait until she dies, and her kids sell her place.

That's OK. It some comfort to know you're living in her head 24/7.

/ Helpful neighbor! #937  
Took dad to Der Dutchman amish restaurant today. He hasn't been there in years, he and mom used to go there a lot. Figure if we were going to sit and talk, we could do it while driving.

The waitress couldn't believe he was 94.

This morning i took him to McDonald's for breakfast, he goes there a lot now, visits with other old timers.

/ Helpful neighbor! #938  
Took dad to Der Dutchman amish restaurant today. He hasn't been there in years, he and mom used to go there a lot. Figure if we were going to sit and talk, we could do in while driving.

The waitress couldn't believe he was 94.

This morning i took him to McDonald's for breakfast, he goes there a lot now, visits with other old timers.
Good for him! :thumbsup: and good for you for still spending time with him.

/ Helpful neighbor! #939  
Meant to post this in good morning thread.