What's for supper???

/ What's for supper???
075.jpg079.jpg083.jpg004.jpg037.jpg042.jpg046.jpg058.jpg064.jpg066.jpg071.jpg

Sorry for the large amount of photos. I had prepared an album for Facebook, and I just took the highlights here. FG19 ask for Margie's popper recipe. I got her to add some notes she had made, and E-mail it to me, so I will just cut and paste it here. Enjoy. They are very good.

Best Ever Jalapeno Poppers
From Allspices.com
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon bacon bits
12 ounces jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 quarts oil for frying

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F ( 180 degrees C). Deep fry the coated jalapenos 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.

Larro and I prefer them baked.
The below ideas I use came from other readers:
After each step I also place them in the freezer for a few minutes. It makes them easier to handle and the cheese doesn't ooze out while they bake.
I spray with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes then put them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up.
I try to make a couple of batches at a time and freeze some. Then you can take out just how many you need for a meal.
We use more bacon or sausage than recipe calls for.
To make them hotter don't remove all of the seeds and membranes.

/ What's for supper??? #12  
Tonight, Steak with shrooms and fries.

/ What's for supper??? #13  
Baked potato

/ What's for supper??? #15  
Larro, if one picture is worth a thousand words, then your pictures are worth a whole book.:thumbsup: The recipe is great (thanks!), but the photos are terrific. Who wouldn't want to make those poppers after seeing your photos. You surely know the value of a camera.:)

/ What's for supper??? #17  
   / What's for supper??? #19  
   / What's for supper???
Larro, if one picture is worth a thousand words, then your pictures are worth a whole book.:thumbsup: The recipe is great (thanks!), but the photos are terrific. Who wouldn't want to make those poppers after seeing your photos. You surely know the value of a camera.:)

As a general rule, I stay as far away from Facebook as I can. But when I started taking pictures again, I posted several albums there. The whole popper album is about twice as big as the shots I posted here. I have got in the habit of keeping the camera in my pocket as I go through the day, like today when I was mowing. Then later when I crawled under the mower deck to scrape the dried grass and mud off. I posted a couple of them, but I thought http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/118658-todays-seat-time-268.html would be the proper place.

Last edited: