Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP!

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP! #1  

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723, Cub Cadet 1864
Anyone know what this is? It came up in one of our above ground boxes. It was the size of a Daisy when it first bloomed, then it exploded! In 6 weeks it took over the whole box and a lot more.
flowerbush2.jpg
flowerbush1.jpg

Attachments

• flowerbush1.jpg
    flowerbush1.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 88
   / Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP! #2  
It is LANTANA.

There are native forms and imported forms, which have cross-bred.

Native to Florida where it is winter hardy everywhere.

Could be winter hardy on the DELMARVA until you get a frigid winter.

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP! #3  
It is indeed Lantana. Lantana is a hardy plant that does well in hot and dry conditions. It can take direct sunlight all day long. Sunlight reall stimulates its growth and blooming. Your plants are great looking. They will get big and turn into bushes. If you prune gently in the fall, they will get thick and produce more blooms the following year. If you have a hard winter, they may freeze back to the ground and then sprout out in the spring.

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP! #4  
Anyone know what this is? It came up in one of our above ground boxes. It was the size of a Daisy when it first bloomed, then it exploded! In 6 weeks it took over the whole box and a lot more.
View attachment 333570
View attachment 333572

Lantana. It is best if you cut it back every couple of years, or it can keep sprawling! Butterflies and Hummingbirds love them!

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP!
Thanks folks! I didn't plant, must of been in top soil I moved with the font end loader. I didn't see it unil about June, it was small until about 6 weeks ago and just took off. That is a single plant. What's the bet way to transplant cuttings with it? I'd like to plant it in some other areas?

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP! #7  
Divide it at the bottom. I usually take 1/3-1/2 of the base and roots, and move that to another site. I brought some up from the old family farm, in the Edwards Plateau of Texas, that way. I still have some of the original plants after decades. Sort of my link to the grandparents' farm, in a tangible way!

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP!
Thanks! Do they bloom all summer? So far this one has been blooming since it popped up about early June.

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP! #9  
They usually bloom all summer! Mine don't quit until a frost.

/ Flower Bush, No Idea What It Is! HELP! #10  
Yep! Lantana and Crape Myrtle are summer blooming plants. So is cactus, but you're probably not lookin' for that kind of stuff.:D