Tiny Insects With Wings???

/ Tiny Insects With Wings??? #1  

Spencer

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)
All of a sudden tonight there are tiny insects with wings all over everything. I was going to try and finish cleaning out the garage tonight but I had to stop because these insects are everywhere. I worked on the garage all day and night yesterday and there was no sign of them. They are everywhere outside, on the cars, driveway, etc.

Any ideas? I certainly hope that they die off quickly whatever they are. I don't remember anything like this in past years.

Spence

/ Tiny Insects With Wings??? #2  
Don't know but you can keep them there.

We have these damned government release mistakes, that look like a Lady Bug, by the thousands trying to get inside for the winter.

Kind of scares me. Seems kind of early for these critters to be doing this.

/ Tiny Insects With Wings??? #3  
I don't know what y'all have up in Michigan, if you were down here in Texas they would be fu...er, lovebugs. If you drive down the highway this time of year the whole front of your vehicle will be crusted over with the things. You can stop up a radiator with the things. They really "bug" me because they kind of lazily fly around on the edge of your peripheral vision like a hornet. It can be a little distracting. You can't miss them, they are black and come in pairs, you see, they fly "united". /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Tiny Insects With Wings??? #4  
Funbugs, huh Brad? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Argh! You made me laugh until I choked! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifI hate those harmless but PITA l'il boogers. They sure will muck up the front of one's vehicle, that's for sure!

/ Tiny Insects With Wings??? #5  
How about an ant swarm? In the fall they grow wings and set off on their own.

/ Tiny Insects With Wings??? #6  
Remember the World Series game delayed by swarmming Bee's ?

Egon

/ Tiny Insects With Wings???
As I had hoped these insects appear to have a very short life span. All of the ones that were swarming on the garage floor last night are dead.

Here is the first picture

Attachments

• 317985-1.jpg
    317985-1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,471
Second picture

Attachments

• 317986-2.jpg
    317986-2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 636
Last picture

This is as close as my camera will go in macro mode. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 317988-3.jpg
    317988-3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,354
   / Tiny Insects With Wings??? #10  
Spencer,

I don't know what they are, but I've run into them when working by/on the lakes in western WI. They like to crawl/fly into eyes/ears/mouth and what ever else they can find.

They also appeared at our house about a week ago but were only present for one night.

I would rather work in a downpour than deal with those bugs again. You can't get anything done because you're constantly trying to swat them away.

Bob