Moving to the Farm

/ Moving to the Farm
Are you going to save the pelt? I saw two young ones a couple hundred yards from the house when I came in from work early Sunday morning. Larro

The couple that are trapping are going to use the pelt.

/ Moving to the Farm
I hope you get your foot in one some day and suffer many hours accordingly, you deserve it. You should kill animals humanely and quickly.

She was dispatched of shortly after the picture. I agree with your sentiment but should a non target species, or neighbors dog who shouldn't have been on my property, have been trapped a release would have been possible. I wish nothing but the best to you and yours.

Last edited:
   / Moving to the Farm #453  
I agree with your sentiment...

No offense meant, but if you agree with the sentiment, why post pictures of animals, 'target species' or otherwise, caught in traps?

/ Moving to the Farm
No offense meant, but if you agree with the sentiment, why post pictures of animals, 'target species' or otherwise, caught in traps?

None taken. I posted it because it is part of life here. It was a legal trap during season. I find it interesting that posting pictures of deer is no big deal but trapping is such a hot button issue. I have sheep, chickens, rabbits, and small children. There is a large coyote population here. The neighbor and her small dog were followed up to their house by coyotes. I have no problem with trapping coyotes off my land. Sorry if that offends but it is part of life for many.

If I were to hunt the coyote who's to say that despite my best effort a less than ideal shot could be made? That animal could suffer for days, or longer. So I don't see how trapping is any less humane.

/ Moving to the Farm #455  
Animal abusers are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against people. Deviant behaviors such as animal abuse generally originate from a traumatic childhood. The American Psychiatric Association considers animal cruelty as one of the diagnostic criteria of conduct disorder.

/ Moving to the Farm
Animal abusers are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against people. Deviant behaviors such as animal abuse generally originate from a traumatic childhood. The American Psychiatric Association considers animal cruelty as one of the diagnostic criteria of conduct disorder.

So you are vegan?

/ Moving to the Farm #457  
Guys, lets not go there - The only 'issue' was posting pictures of animals in traps, not people's dietary habits or other ways of eliminating pests.

/ Moving to the Farm
Guys, lets not go there - The only 'issue' was posting pictures of animals in traps, not people's dietary habits or other ways of eliminating pests.

If that's the only issue I will remove the picture. That was not the impression given by Tom when he wished a perfect stranger harm and intimated "abuse", "violence", and "cruelty".

For the record, if Tom had just private messaged me and said something like, "Hey, you know I'd rather not see a picture of a trapped animal, would you mind removing it?" Wouldn't have had a problem with it. I know tone can be lost in the written word on the internet, but I don't think I misinterpreted his tone.

/ Moving to the Farm #459  
If that's the only issue I will remove the picture. That was not the impression given by Tom when he wished a perfect stranger harm and intimated "abuse", "violence", and "cruelty".

For the record, if Tom had just private messaged me and said something like, "Hey, you know I'd rather not see a picture of a trapped animal, would you mind removing it?" Wouldn't have had a problem with it. I know tone can be lost in the written word on the internet, but I don't think I misinterpreted his tone.

I asked the moderator to remove it. Any animal I kill is killed as quick as possible. I don't believe any animals or humans suffering needlessly.

/ Moving to the Farm
I asked the moderator to remove it. Any animal I kill is killed as quick as possible. I don't believe any animals or humans suffering needlessly.

Tom, I removed it of my own accord because I like to think I'm a pretty reasonable guy. If you had asked me to remove it first, I would have, no need to involve the moderators. We will obviously have to agree to disagree about the humane-ness of trapping because I don't see us agreeing. That said, I hope you remain part of this thread.