Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8?

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #101  
i'll interject a side comment on the pc vs mac issue.

on the pc market, there are a ton of suppliers. for mac computers.. you got 1 supplier. apple. if you want a mac.. you go to apple. if you want a pc.. there are a dozen big players.. and dozens more small players. ( options )

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #102  
i'll interject a side comment on the pc vs mac issue. on the pc market, there are a ton of suppliers. for mac computers.. you got 1 supplier. apple. if you want a mac.. you go to apple. if you want a pc.. there are a dozen big players.. and dozens more small players. ( options )

Positives and negatives to both sides of that. One big positive for apple is they can keep a lot closer eye on quality components and builds.

One of the big positives for PC is they can offer different price point for different needs.

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #103  
If you do t care why did you confront and attack someone for just recommending a Mac.

It's a forum, used for expressing thoughts and ideas. Don't agree with my ideas? Your problem. Best to refute with some level of detachment rather than take it personally. It's the nature of the beast.

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #104  
Another observation: Mac users, when confronted with scrutiny, often resort to vitriol. You don't see this with PC users because as I stated before, they don't care.

Frustrated PC users that do care are called Mac users. Not vitriol - fact. :D

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #105  
Frustrated PC users that do care are called Mac users. Not vitriol - fact. :D

There is some truth in that statement. That's why Mac has a place in the computer biz. If you can't handle the variety of hardware and software, get a Mac. It does all the thinking for you.

Fordman, notice how I responded to that without denigrating his character.

Last edited:
   / Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #106  
Do you think because you have to fiddle to get your soft ware to work the way it should you are some how working on a superior piece of software. You are confused.

HS

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #107  
Do you think because you have to fiddle to get your soft ware to work the way it should you are some how working on a superior piece of software. You are confused.

HS

Nope. But I do think there is stuff I want my computer to do that might take some tweaking and downloading of nefarious programs to get it done. No way to do on a Mac. These are too easy guys, throw something hard at me. :D

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #108  
i'll interject a side comment on the pc vs mac issue.

on the pc market, there are a ton of suppliers. for mac computers.. you got 1 supplier. apple. if you want a mac.. you go to apple. if you want a pc.. there are a dozen big players.. and dozens more small players. ( options )

I don't have a lot experience with mac, but this is what turns me away from it. It is also the reason I have a galaxy instead of an I-phone. I have just enough knowledge of computers to usually figure out how to deal with issues as they come up on a pc. I see an advantage to the macs for the completely computer illiterate folks out there, or for the ones that don't have time/patience for this. It has gotten better now, but I remember not that many years ago that software for macs was rather scarce and they were only considered useful for businesses and graphic design oriented uses.

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #109  
Time for me to stop hijacking the OP's thread. Back to the hole I crawled out from. :ashamed:

/ Want a new laptop but do I want Windows 8? #110  
Controversies merely speculative are of small importance in themselves, however they may have sometimes heated a disputant, or provoked a faction.

Your most humble and obedient servant,
Samuel Johnson, MA LL.D
446px-samuel_johnson_by_joshua_reynolds_2[1].png