Cabellas selling Tractors

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #1  

enterprisebbc

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 CK35 Kioti
Has anyone seen the new tractors that Cabellas is selling in their stores? TNC I think. The 34 hp one has a 2600lb lift with woods FEL BH. PLastic fenders though!! Nice price

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #2  
Yeah there have been a few threads on this. I hope Walmart is not next.

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #3  
Rebadged TYM's.

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #5  
I was in the Ft. Worth Cabelas today and they have a bigger inventory; more tractors, more implements from front end loaders, tillers, rotary cutters, back blades, box blades, and more than many dedicated tractor dealers. I have no idea how successful they are at selling them, but they've sure got a bunch there.

/ Cabellas selling Tractors
Rebadged TYM's.

You know your right but a 2600LB lift is something. With my Kioti CK35 the Woods FEL has pushed the Kioti FEL to 1650Lb and I thought that was very nice. They must have beefed up the tractor itself besides having the larger Cyl. They are built in S korea with Mitsbichi motors. I never liked TYM's and their plastic fenders but?

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #7  
The Cabela's here does not have any tractors, at least not yet. Maybe more so in the areas where food plots etc are common for hunting? They do have the Chinese quads and UTV's, I was wondering what happens when you need parts? I have not seen a parts counter in Cabelas... yet.

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #8  
I'd ask to see the service dept where they fix and maintain them...oh yeah they don't have one...then people try to return them after they hava a problem and can't get service...

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #9  
I looked at a couple of pictures of them. They are certainly TYMs. I recognized the differently sloped hood that all TYMs have.... Plus I recognized the shifter for the trans... Identical to the one on my 603.
I believe TYM is a great company, but I would never never buy one from cabelas. Zero support, warranty is probably useless... Huge hassle if something happens, not to mention the resale value will go down the toilet after buying a tractor no one has ever heard of. It's hard enough with the real TYMs them selves
My uncle owns a t503, equivalent to cabelas 50 horse. It's a nice machine.

/ Cabellas selling Tractors #10  
I was wondering what happens when you need parts? I have not seen a parts counter in Cabelas... yet.

I have a hard time thinking they ever will. Even tractors are commodities to some retailers. Probably leave that to the manufacturer, whoever that is, depending on their sourcing from year to year.