Trail Cam Surprize

/ Trail Cam Surprize #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
Set up a trail camera to try and catch some deer that come through a field I recently cleared, and caught this!

Attachments

• WGI_0040.jpeg
    WGI_0040.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 1,003
   / Trail Cam Surprize #2  
Wow, not quite what you expected. I've been doing the same in the past two months and so far deer and coyotes and dogs.

/ Trail Cam Surprize #3  
Looks like a calf to me???

/ Trail Cam Surprize
It's a cat of some kind....big bobcat??

/ Trail Cam Surprize #5  
Yea, good size bobcat. A neighbor and I had the biggest one (male) I've ever seen run into the highway in front of us about two weeks ago. I was glad we missed him.

/ Trail Cam Surprize #6  
I'd say it's a big bobcat. They are fairly common down here around the Gulf Coast. They are legal to take one per year here in Louisiana.

The bigger cats would have a long tail, and I don't see one on this cat. The big cats are referred to as panthers, cougars, and/or mountain lions. Although I think there are some down here, they are pretty rare. One hunter swears he saw one on our deer lease which is about 30 miles northeast of Baton Rouge

/ Trail Cam Surprize #7  
Looks like one healthy bobcat too me also.

/ Trail Cam Surprize #8  
Thanks for sharing Rwork.

It's crazy what shows up. The other week I had a ram show-up on my trail cam which is almost unbelievable as they are not native to PA or anywhere close to here.

IMG_0494.jpg IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0496.jpg IMG_0501.jpg

/ Trail Cam Surprize #9  
Set up a trail camera to try and catch some deer that come through a field I recently cleared, and caught this!

With this roaming the area,, I doubt you'll see any deer

/ Trail Cam Surprize #10