A few signs of an early Spring...

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #1  

/pine

Super Star Member
I got fired up a couple of weeks ago (before the polar vortex) when I saw the Daffodils up a couple of inches...!
Now I am hearing reports of migrating song birds starting to show up (possibly due to extreme conditions further north?) But now I'm seeing Iris and Crocus and the Forsythia is starting to produce buds...

This is similar to two years ago when by the first of March I had volunteer carrot plants that were knee high in the garden and the grass needed mowing...last year it was a month later before things got to that stage...

Anyone else seeing encouraging signs? Have not heard what the groundhog had to say...

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #2  
Yesterday seemed like early spring here it was 62*. Tonight we are supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow.

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #3  
3 weeks ago or around the same time as you /pine , we had several sunny days into the 60's, our daffodils are around the banks down at the creek and I haven't been down there to notice, Though I had noticed the pear tree's starting to bud up, but after those arctic cold blast we had last week I'm sure the buds are long gone, Likely will have a late fruit crop if have any at all, at least the apples and other fruit barriers weren't fooled into budding out ... just yet!,;)

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #4  
We've been below normal temps for 3 months now. I had my sights set on 1 February as the turn around. Ain't happening. We were zero this morning and won't see temps into the 30s all week. Will be at zero or below at least two nights this coming week. We are also categorized as Extreme Drought conditions. That's in NW Missouri.

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #5  
Not much spring here either. forecast for the week showing snow or sleet chances every day, highs in the 20's or low 30's with Monday the warmest day with a projected high of 37. So no, not much spring.

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #6  
James, we've got 4" of fresh snow on the ground and supposed to get hit again Tuesday. Ground is frozen solid. Those conditions don't lean toward above normal temps!!! :(

We don't stand a chance up here until you Southerners warm up!!! :)

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #7  
James, we've got 4" of fresh snow on the ground and supposed to get hit again Tuesday. Ground is frozen solid. Those conditions don't lean toward above normal temps!!! :(

We don't stand a chance up here until you Southerners warm up!!! :)

I am not sure how much we will get, but with a temp of 25 and snowing, I think most of the robins, are heading south right now!.:D

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #8  
I think most of the robins, are heading south right now!.:D

This explains why we've been seeing an extra amount of birds in our yard this week, They've already cost me a full loaf of bread:D

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #9  
You feed em this Winter, James and I'll feed em next Summer!!!

/ A few signs of an early Spring... #10  
TEMP. HERE THIS MORNING IS 32. LIGHTLY SNOWING RIGHT NOW. NOT MUCH WINTER THIS YEAR SO FAR , OR LAST FEW YEARS ...