Levis 505 Jeans

/ Levis 505 Jeans #51  
I too have noticed a change in my jeans. I think my wife shrank them cause they are harder to get buttoned, lol.

Seriously though I just buy Rustler from Walmart for $10 a pair anymore. The last couple pair of wranglers didn't hold up any better for $5 more a pair.

/ Levis 505 Jeans #52  
I too have noticed a change in my jeans. I think my wife shrank them cause they are harder to get buttoned, lol.

Seriously though I just buy Rustler from Walmart for $10 a pair anymore. The last couple pair of wranglers didn't hold up any better for $5 more a pair.

Well, as for me I am keeping all my older Arizona brand jeans with the 34 inch waist because I just know someday I will be able to fit into them again....FAT chance of that....:laughing:

/ Levis 505 Jeans
Finally, I found a good replacement for my old 505 and 507 Levi jeans. I started this post back in 2014 so it took almost 4 years of trying different brands before I can declare my search complete. There were other decent jeans I tried but for me the best dollar value I found were at Menards. I tried other low priced jeans but manage to rip out several pair.

I now wear Old Mill jeans from Menards. They're made in Mexico and cost about $12 per pair for regular, $13 for carpenter style, and a little more for insulated (lined). They have a generous pocket length unlike the Levis I ditched and they're fairly thick material for the money. I have about 5 pair now and plan to buy another 5 before they change the dang things on me.

Kevin

/ Levis 505 Jeans #54  
Interesting. 505's used to be my go-to jeans, but the changes ticked me off. Nothing worse than a short pocket, but the other changes pushed me away too. I've been getting an assortment including some Wrangler, Riggs, and Carhartt. I've seen the Menards jeans but never tried them. I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm in there.

/ Levis 505 Jeans #55  
Still wear 505s more comfortable than the others but for dress jeans Hiltl jeans expensive but always look nice. If I cannot splurge at least once what's the point