Page 1 of 57 12341151 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3700SU

Default Missing 777

I did a quick look and did not see a thread about the missing jet. Anyone here have thoughts about what may have really happened? There are enough high powered satellites in the world to spot a DIY cup floating in the middle of the Pacific and nothing is being found. I'm starting to think it disappeared intentionally.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Missing 777

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtint View Post
    I did a quick look and did not see a thread about the missing jet. Anyone here have thoughts about what may have really happened? There are enough high powered satellites in the world to spot a DIY cup floating in the middle of the Pacific and nothing is being found. I'm starting to think it disappeared intentionally.
    Don't have a clue where it is, but I think something nefarious happened to it. The "transponder was shut down, and likely a deliberate act".

3 VHF radios and 2 HF radios on board, not counting the engine data transponders which some say sent data for up to 5 hours after the transponder quit transmissons. Of course the story keeps changing. I really don't know anything at this point.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

From the bits main stream media are supplying, it sure smacks of a hijacking to me. I keep hoping it will turn up somewhere with passengers & crew still breathing. Longshot, I know.

Tractor
    Bobcat B200 TLB

The South African Airways passenger jet that went down in that region turned out to be an elaborate case of sabotage since it had on board plutonium and rocket fuel (contraband being acquired by agents of the SA government from China and Korea). As it turned out, the rocket fuel got configured as an incendiary device since the US gov and the UN were aware of both materials and that it was destined for SA which had embargoes at the time. Who exactly "modified" the rocket fuel to rig it to explode during the flight is not clear, but thats what happened with the loss of the crew and all passengers as a fire broke out and the cabin filled with smoke over the open ocean.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

I have no idea, the "pro's" have no idea. BUT I know I don't have it!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

I've been following the news and listening to the 777 pilots who have been commenting. It's hard to believe that the plane failed, so it's either the pilots, terrorists or somebody shot it down. My guess is that it's at the bottom of the ocean and either the pilot or co pilot are responsible.

Eddie

Tractor
    Bobcat B200 TLB

The loss of a simple thing like an air speed indicator has caused the heavies to crash. The margin between overspeed and stall at cruising altitude is very small. If one air speed indicator fails, the pilots often don't know if they should believe the second one.

Why the transponder was turned off but the military claims that they were tracking it on radar is a mystery. I would have thought that after 911 a fighter would have been sent up to investigate any such scenario, before one finds it plowing into the center of your city... I know that was done with a business jet (before 911) when the crew blacked out from lack of oxygen and did not respond to the FAA flight following. The fighter did a "top gun" stunt to look in the cockpit to see if any crew activity could be seen and they ended up following it to the ground after the tanks ran dry and it went into a shallow dive.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    ... the "pro's" have no idea...
    But what if they do...

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaugen View Post
    But what if they do...
    I think someone would be claiming victory in solving it then. No debris field is suspect, The engine maker was receiving info from the engines for almost 4 hrs after it went off radar? Probably sitting in a hanger in N Korea for all I know.
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    John Deere: 750, 2305, 2010, 1020, 4020, 3020 4200, 4430, 4630, 4850, 8520, 9200, 6150M, and 5075E Kubota: B3030, and L3400 Case IH: MX270, and STX 375 LS: R4047

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    I think someone would be claiming victory in solving it then. No debris field is suspect, The engine maker was receiving info from the engines for almost 4 hrs after it went off radar? Probably sitting in a hanger in N Korea for all I know.
    My thoughts too, plane was hijacked, all systems disabled and plane is in a hanger somewhere, and all the people are kidnapped.

From left to right. Kubota L3400 Kubota B3030 John Deere 4200 and John Deere 750

Page 1 of 57 12341151 ... LastLast