Deer Stand in Transmission Tower

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #1  

polarred21

Gold Member
Tractor
Contemplating
Found by the power company during flight surveillance, this guy was crazy!
Deerstand Brassfield-20140314-00006.jpg

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #3  
When I was a kid, we had those towers in our neighborhood. It was a right of passage amongst the young boys (and a couple of my sisters, too) to climb as high as you could. Only later in adulthood did we realize just how lucky we were not to be killed by our stupidity.

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #4  
So many things wrong with that idea:laughing:

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #5  
Was that in NC? It sure looks like my area of NC. It really does not surprise me that someone did this.

I know a guy and it would not surprise me if that was his house and he built the stand. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #6  
Found by the power company during flight surveillance, this guy was crazy!
View attachment 366352
What's more amazing is the size of that house, the pretentious gates, the Bradford pear trees all right next to high tension lines. If you can afford a house like that, you could afford a better location, one would think?

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #7  
That boy couple frenchfries short of happy meal.

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #8  
What's more amazing is the size of that house, the pretentious gates, the Bradford pear trees all right next to high tension lines. If you can afford a house like that, you could afford a better location, one would think?

For the deer stand? For the house? Both?

Steve

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #9  
I'm not sure it's safe to assume the deer stand goes with the big house, though the play structure under it probably does so that makes it more likely.

What looks close and related from the air doesn't always look that way from the ground.

/ Deer Stand in Transmission Tower #10  
Some studies have shown some not so friendly electro-magnetic wave coming off those high tension wires that may affect the human body from long term exposure. Maybe not such a good place for youngsters to have a playhouse. Likely not a big deal for having those lines in back of your property, not as much visibility as one would think from the aerial photo. My ex-daughter in law has a house abutting power easement at the back of her house and you wouldn't even know it was there due to a line of trees blocking the view. I would much rather have a house next to a power easement than in the flight path of airport. Even if you are several miles from the airport, a big jet coming over is disturbing.