I burned my storage building today

/ I burned my storage building today #11  
Sorry to read of your loss of property /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but very glad to read no one was injured /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

/ I burned my storage building today #12  
You fool !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
(just kidding)

Sorry about your building. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ I burned my storage building today #13  
Sorry to hear about this, but as you said no one was hurt and thats the most important point.

Two issues to prevent this kind of thing in the future.
Store flamables in seperate areas and let stuff cool.
The cool part has been discussed.

But if we all store flamables seperate from anything else this may not have happened or the magnitude of the fire may have been less.
A seperate small shed for anything flamable is a really good idea. It could be very small, just enough to store gas, etc...

Fred

/ I burned my storage building today #14  
A trip to the Navy's fire fighting school, many years ago, convinced me flammable liquids are extinguishable with high pressure fog nozzles. Now everybody uses foam. Don't know how a home owner could accomplish either without a pond, dry hydrant, P-500 pump, and the necessary nozzle. Sorry to hear you lost so much equipment, glad it was well away from the barn and house.

/ I burned my storage building today #15  
<font color="green"> Thank God I decided to put anything that used fuel or got dirty in this little building and not in the big shop. Wisest decision I have ever made.
</font>
<font color="brown">
============
Sure is!
I made the same decision 40 years ago when I first moved here. </font>

/ I burned my storage building today #16  
Yeah, I can see why my husband keeps all the chemicals and fertilizer int ehpump house which is quite far from the barn where he keeps his tractor. No that I read your story seems like even a better idea than I thought it was.