Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard?

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
I have to say some of my favorites clothing belonged to my Dad or my Grandpa. Mighty Mac coats made in Gloucester, Mass. Carhartt duck coats, Woolrich button down shirts made in USA. I'm lucky enough to fit into some of their older shirts and jackets. I still buy made in USA Redwing boots. I just bought 2 pairs of vintage Madewell denim overalls new with tags on eBay. Madewell used to be manufactured close by in New Bedford, Mass. The quality on vintage US made blue collar clothing is so much better than most garments of today.

I'm far from wealthy, but I'll almost always pay a premium for quality US made products when I have an option.

Don't even get me started on tools! :mur:

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #2  
if you like bib overalls PointerBrand is made in tennennesse had good luck with them for 20 years or so. i like low backs but they dont make my size any more.

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #3  
There is a "company" that makes quality denim jackets, pants & shirts in a "facility" near Portland, Oregon. The products are called Prison Blues and YES they are made in a state or federal prison. I have several pair of their overalls and a couple of their jackets. The only problem is modern technology has caught up with them. You used to place the order directly to the prison. Now its been farmed out to on-line marketers and a denim jacket that cost $30 five years ago now goes for $75 or more. ON, great and wonderful progress!!!

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard?
Prison Blues, sounds like an interesting concept. I wonder if times will ever turn back just a little and we'll see a reemergence of US made products. The market is there, we just need a strong entrepreneurial push to bring it back.

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #5  
Well, sadly I think it's going to take more than an entrepreneurial spirit to get mass clothing manufacture back to the US. Anybody got a good idea how to avoid the sweat shop, labor intensive, low pay manufacturing plants that now produce the bulk of our clothes over seas? I can only think of some sort of manufacturing process which glues seams together. Maybe some form of silicone glue for flexibility. Even so, I still don't see how to have machinery handle the numerous steps and small flexible pieces involved in making clothes in various sizes. Still looks like highly repetitive boring labor intensive work . Guess I just don't have the brilliance of insight to get there from here. :anyone:

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #6  
Big Bill work clothing are made in the U.S. and Canada. I have one of their flannel shirts. Very well made with dense, heavy flannel and strongly sewn buttons. I plan on buying more of their products.

Joe

Sent from my XT907 using TractorByNet

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #7  
Round House makes pants like Carhart, except made in the USA. Reasonable price too. Check them out. I agree, made in USA clothing is where it's at.

/ Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #8  
   / Who misses good ole' Made in USA clothing for the farm or around the yard? #10  
There used to be a company called Refrigiwear on Long Island that made winter clothing. Nylon (?) outers with insulation. The stuff wore like iron; I could easily get a decade of wear out of one of their coats.