What is your Thanksgiving disaster???????

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
My wife awakened me at 5:30 this morning to tell me that our fresh turkey had frozen overnight because I placed it inside our outside gas grill to keep it cold till morning.... Luckily, it hadn't really frozen, but was getting somewhat stiff..... nothing that a hour soaking in warm water didn't resolve..... Next comes the new roasting pan... the turkey fits into it fine, but the pan doesn't fit into the oven!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Good thing that I removed the old pan from the garbage and saved for my next oil change... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Sure glad that my tractor is at 35 hours, not 50 or that pan would have been history... Don't think motor oil and turkey are compatible.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
What else will go wrong, I don't know and I don't want to find out either..... Help me to feel better... tell us what your disaster is this fine turkey day??????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #2  
I found one burnt Cap'n Crunch in my bowl this morning. Hope that's all that goes wrong today. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #3  
Like some say, beautify America,, shoot your mother in law. I woke up this morning and my mother in law is hard at work fix ing the big bird..

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #4  
I'm happy to say this was one Holiday that went off without a hitch. Fourteen of us for dinner, including bringing my Mother from the nursing home in a wheelchair, and had a fine time with more good eating that we can eat up in the rest of the week. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #5  
Everything going well..soooo far /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif,but still have 6 hours or so to go tho. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

41.3F..Cloudy sky. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #6  
We cook our turkey on the BBQ grill. A couple of weeks ago Tetley, my big red bird dog, discovered the little metal cup that catches the drippings...and ate it. So no cup to catch the grease from the turkey, and it dripped all over the propane tank. Harley, our 100# rescue that was abandoned in an empty house for three weeks and still has doubts about when his next meal is coming, discovered all this wonderful grease and started lapping it up. Unfortunately, it kept dripping while he licked, so his entire head is covered with grease and smells like a dead turkey!

Worse yet, all five of our goldens got into it and things are a little runny in Boondoxland! We've been letting them out every half hour! Ahem, another sleepless night in Paradise!

Pete

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #7  
<font color="blue"> Worse yet, all five of our goldens got into it and things are a little runny in Boondoxland! We've been letting them out every half hour! Ahem, another sleepless night in Paradise!
</font>

Our neighbor's dog was accidentally left out one snowy night. At midnight, it was getting into everybody's trash. At 2:00am it started howling and I felt sorry for it, so I let it stay in my garage. The woman's father came over the next day to feed the dog and look over the house, as they had left town for the weekend(and left the dog out). I told him they forgot the dog and I had it in my garage all night. I told him it got into several of the neighbor's trash cans and was sick all over my garage. I let the dog out of the garage and it promptly showed us how sick it was from both ends(yuck). I told him he shouldn't let it in the house. Five minutes later, I see him let it in the house and leave. So, I start cleaning my garage. That's when I found the dog had gotten into the Fry Baby that we kept out there and it had drank a quart of vegetable oil! I had no phone numbers to call, so there really wasn't anything I could do. I went to the window and the dog came and barked at me. It looked fine. That afternoon, I see him drive up and go in the house. He comes out 30 seconds later and drives away. 15 minutes later he comes back with his wife, mops and buckets! I saw him let the dog outside and it still looked fine, but when I asked him how the dog was feeling, he said it looked like the dog had exploded inside the house. I never had the courage to tell him about the quart of vegetable oil the dog drank. That was about 7 years ago and the world's oldest puppy is still going strong. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster??????? #8  
<font color="blue">Like some say, beautify America,, shoot your mother in law. </font>

Fortunately, my in-laws are great folks and treat me like one of their own. Always have since I started dating their daughter back in 1979. 24 years is a long time, but they have never interfered, butted in, or otherwise caused rifts/problems. And they even got along with my folks. THE most gracious folks you could ever meet. We spent the afternoon at their house(9 hours and 13 people) and had a great time. I have many friends that do not get along with their in-laws. I feel fortunate to have them, as both of my parents have passed away. Oh yeah, she cooks pretty good, too! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ What is your Thanksgiving disaster???????
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
That's when I found the dog had gotten into the Fry Baby that we kept out there and it had drank a quart of vegetable oil! )</font>

When is he due for his next oil and filter change???????LOL..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif