How does your garden grow?

/ How does your garden grow? #1  

Larro Darro

Tractor
3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota
036.jpg043.jpg040.jpg061.jpg062.jpg064.jpg065.jpg

Hey guys. I have been spending a lot of time in the garden the last couple of weeks, and it is starting to show some signs of life. I thought I would share some pictures of what I have so far, and hope you all will do the same.

This is what is looking the best so far: Onions, bush beans, sweet corn and pole beans, Jalapeno. I grew all the tomatoes from seed. If I can dodge the showers, I'm going to get some of them transplanted into the garden tomorrow. Cherry, beefsteak, and Roma.

Larro

/ How does your garden grow? #2  
View attachment 372898View attachment 372899View attachment 372900View attachment 372901View attachment 372902View attachment 372903View attachment 372904

Hey guys. I have been spending a lot of time in the garden the last couple of weeks, and it is starting to show some signs of life. I thought I would share some pictures of what I have so far, and hope you all will do the same.

This is what is looking the best so far: Onions, bush beans, sweet corn and pole beans, Jalapeno. I grew all the tomatoes from seed. If I can dodge the showers, I'm going to get some of them transplanted into the garden tomorrow. Cherry, beefsteak, and Roma.

Larro

Evidently you do not plant by the signs...according to my calendar the next day for transplanting is the 14th of May...you missed last Thursday and Friday for transplanting by the signs for April...

FWIW...

/ How does your garden grow? #3  
Inch by inch, row by row...

That's the way my garden grows. :)

Things are looking good up here, as long as we don't get the 13" of snow on may 3rd like last year. Lots of rain this week which will keep us out of the ground for a little while longer than we'd like, but our hoop houses are looking good. Sold spinach once last week and salad mix and spinach again today. Not bad for Wisconsin.

/ How does your garden grow?
Evidently you do not plant by the signs...according to my calendar the next day for transplanting is the 14th of May...you missed last Thursday and Friday for transplanting by the signs for April...

FWIW...

I have used the signs, but I feel it is more important when planting seeds. Even then, I will plant according to weather forecast or work schedule. If I have the seeds, the ground is ready, there is rain in the forecast, and I have the day off, I take all that as good signs;)

Larro

Inch by inch, row by row...

That's the way my garden grows. :)

Things are looking good up here, as long as we don't get the 13" of snow on may 3rd like last year. Lots of rain this week which will keep us out of the ground for a little while longer than we'd like, but our hoop houses are looking good. Sold spinach once last week and salad mix and spinach again today. Not bad for Wisconsin.

I was over at our old place last week and looked in Mamma's old green house trying to find pots. It got me to thinking about building myself one this fall. I might even use the windows out of her old one. Here in North Florida our green houses don't have to work as hard as yours does. They do have to have plenty of ventilation though.

Larro

/ How does your garden grow? #6  
I have used the signs, but I feel it is more important when planting seeds. Even then, I will plant according to weather forecast or work schedule. If I have the seeds, the ground is ready, there is rain in the forecast, and I have the day off, I take all that as good signs;)
Larro

I pretty much do the same...you have to take advantages of the weather, having the time and the circumstances...if it works out in favor of the signs all the better...if all the ducks are lined up right I don't mind waiting a up to a few days for the moon but it's hard when the weather is saying plant now...!

/ How does your garden grow? #7  

Larro

Same as me. I plant when I have the time and the weather looks right. I usually am on the road on business when the signs are telling me to plant.

/ How does your garden grow? #8  
How does my garden grow?? Brother - its got to stop refreezing every morning before we worry about that. Here it is 7:00 am local and as I look out the window there is a heavy layer of frost on everything. Outside temps are 34. I don't even consider planting for another month.

019.jpg

At 0700 here, we were at 71F and a half hour from a big time thunderstorm. The rain did cool it down to around 65F for most of the day. After the storm, we had a steady rain all day, with it stopping just before dark. I got out and transplanted 17 of the cherry tomatoes. It looks like the rain will start back in the morning. There is a 30-75% chance during the day tomorrow. If it is steady like today, the plants should do fine.

Larro

/ How does your garden grow? #10  
rototilling tonight after work. Planting Saturday morning. We pretty much seed everything right in the ground, except tomatoes. I'll try to keep pics up as it goes along. Good luck everyone.