2004 Ford F150 Snow Plow problem

/ 2004 Ford F150 Snow Plow problem #1  

PondKeeper

Silver Member
Northern (Morris Cty) NJ & Western Sullivan Cty, N
Tractor
Kubota B7500, New Holland LS45
Has anyone encountered a problem buying a Poly Carb plow for the new model F150. My friend has a new (2004) F150 SuperCab and the dealers are telling him the plow vendors do not have a standard poly carb plow yet for the new model F150. The existing frames can't mount to the new frame on the F150. Called Western and Meyers and they have confirmed theirs won't work yet.

Has anyone heard the same report?

Thanks
Mike

/ 2004 Ford F150 Snow Plow problem #2  
Can't say much about the plows yet but I sure can tell you Ford has totally changed the frame of the new F150. I had a 2001 Crew Cab and now a 2004 Crew Cab and there is no comparisons. I never liked my 2001 for stability and ride but the new 150 is to me the best riding pickup out there right now. And is much more stabile.

murph

/ 2004 Ford F150 Snow Plow problem #3  
Try asking on the Plowsite discussion forum. I am sure someone there can help you.

PlowSite Forum

/ 2004 Ford F150 Snow Plow problem #4  
Don't know if this wilh help but up here in Vermont there selling F-150's with Fisher plows.
Take care!!

/ 2004 Ford F150 Snow Plow problem #5  
Plow site is a good place to look but I would ask the various snow plow mfg's. Boss, Fisher, Meyer, Western, Hiniker, Blizzard and I think I missed one. Most guys at plowsite use 3/4 ton since most are commercial plowers. Yes, I plow snow.

/ 2004 Ford F150 Snow Plow problem #6  
I have a 1999 Expedition - same as an F150 basically. I put a plow on it this year - Sno-Way. I had gone to a Fisher dealer and he said that he would not put a plow on it.

Basic issue was weight. The Expedition (and other 1/2 tons) require a 7' 6" wide blade. Most of the smaller, lighter plows are only 6' 6", which could only go on an S10 or Ranger sized truck.

Have now plowed with the Sno-Way about 15 times so far this year (even though it's only December 13); works excellent.