Anyone using Straighttalk phones

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #1  

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
Got tired of Verizon's ever escalating prices and looked for a feasible alternative. I decided to go with Straighttalk. Fortunately my area is only good for Verizon towers. So the transistion was somewhat painless porting over into a ST phone. Just keep in mind you neeed to exercise patience when calling them by phone. These low paid poorly trained CSR's read a script as to answering questions. You can find more solutions on the phone forums all over the net.

I've been wanting a Galaxy S3 for some time. i couldn't find the right one for the Verizon network. Well I finally found the info om how to buy a S968C which is a ST branded Verizon S3. Look no further than Walmart.com as far as I know, it is the only place to buy one. They are selling this same phone for over $200 over retail on ebay. What a rip. Some of the other (bring your own phone) S3's simply don't work correctly. You will find that the MMS (picture messaging) doesn't work with the BYOP program
sT will tell you over the phone they don't guarantee that feature to work. If you wanting to keep a Verizon network buy cut your bill in half. The go to walmart.com and search samsung galaxys3 and the S868C. Will display. That is a ST branded Verizon phone. Works great too. The S968c is a 3G phone.

Anyone else got any war stories to share?

Sent via Ipad2

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #2  
Does AT&T work in your area? If so I would look at AIO or cricket. They both run off of their towers.

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #3  
Check out PagePlus cellular. I moved my Vz phone over and it still says Vz on phone because it uses their towers. It is only G3 service but my iphone4 works well at a much lower price.
My outlaws have the $12 plan and I have the $30 plan with no contract, no taxes and no issues.

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #4  
I have a straight talk phone and haven't had any trouble with it. So after the good service on the phone I got the straight talk hotspot when they came out with it. It's an internet device that can fit in my pocket and I can choose how much data I want to purchase.

Works out pretty cheap for on the go internet.

Chad

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones
Check out PagePlus cellular. I moved my Vz phone over and it still says Vz on phone because it uses their towers. It is only G3 service but my iphone4 works well at a much lower price. My outlaws have the $12 plan and I have the $30 plan with no contract, no taxes and no issues.
I was going to check into Page Plus. They are more into flashing your existing phone with PP software. They are owned by Tracfone so the CS nightmare still exist. They are a bit higher in monthly price are they not?

Sent via Ipad2

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #6  
Kid, I've never had PP put any software on my phone and have the exact same coverage I had going to and from Florida this year. Their customer service was fine the few times I had to add phones or to put it on an auto charge every month($29.95) and now 2 of my kids or wives changed over.
Their plans range from $12 to 69.95 depending on how much data service you need away from your wifi. I have the $30 plan because I use my tablet when home but use some data while on the road.
PM me if I'm not clear. :)
https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #7  
Glad I don't have these problems - no cell service where I live = no cell phones.

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #8  
Got that beat. No cell service where I live and no land line service. True bliss.

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #9  
I use Straighttalk been please with their service. I went with them to get away from contracts. I only needed the 1000 mins/texs $31.60 tax included per month. Just recently I'am guessing for being with them for awhile I'am automatically getting 1500 mins/ and 50,000 tex's like if any one tex's that many times a month for same price (card @ Wallyworld).
Before that I briefly had Tracphone good reception and service but mins eat you alive. :thumbdown:

/ Anyone using Straighttalk phones #10  
My wife and i both have Straight talk smart phones after having atat.They work great costumer service is what it is , atat wasnt much better.We also have straight talk home phone also works great.