BCS Tiller Back in Action

/ BCS Tiller Back in Action #1  

Nomoregears

Tractor
TC29DA
I finally got my BCS Tiller back in action after Earth Tools helped me through a few things. (A very good Dealer BTW). The tiller sat in my garage covered since last August and the mice destroyed everything they could. So, I deceided to overhaul everything. It got new tines, rebuilt the Honda GX-240 engine, new boots, control cables, replaced fluids in everything and new paint. The engine started on the first pull after I turned it on :-(. Since I've had it running, we have tillled 4 gardens. It sounds and works great. This winter I will replace the bearings and seals in the tiller transmission. I may need some help from forum members that have done this.

Incidentally, this tiller started out as a Home Depot rental (Model 710 GX-8 20" tilling width, single speed forward & reverse). A friend told me about the tiller, it had low hours but said it looked in worse shape than it was. I bought it after taking the manager down. That was in 2004 and it never missed a beat until this year. Fluids and filters have been changed regularly. I would be interested in hearing from anyone BCS owners. May2014.jpg

Attachments

• M9099.JPG
    M9099.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 75