ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway
Yeah, I saw that, but the q&a indicates they improved the trimmer head to hold string better, based on feedback. That post was very recent.

I'm going to think about modifying my old mower to do something similar, and see if it's feasible.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #12  
+1 on the sickle bar mower. they are very versatile!

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #13  
If your only worried about the shoulder or your drive and want to control the vegetation from creeping into the gravel. Get yourself a 12vdc pull behind sprayer and target only the area to want to control. Pick a dry predicted week so rain won't wash it into the trees. I control grass in my gravel drive this way and never had any problem killings areas that wasn't sprayed.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #14  
I agree with spraying, or get some goats lol, they'll take care of it right quick.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #15  
I agree with spraying, or get some goats lol, they'll take care of it right quick.
I haven't seen a goat that would eat grass: flowers, shrubs, trees, vines etc but not grass

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #16  
I haven't seen a goat that would eat grass: flowers, shrubs, trees, vines etc but not grass

Spray those things. Get a calf or lamb let them eat the grass then in fall fill the freezer.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #17  
I bought a zero turn for those hard to get to, super steep slopes. It's also nice for mowing around the house.

Eddie

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #18  
Thanks -- looks like DR makes a 3-pt model for $999 that might do the trick:

I see sickle mowers on Craiglist for less than this all the time, and think that as long as you don't have a lot of big rocks, it would be more durable than other options.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #19  
old push lawn mower (not reel type) put some big tires on it( so you have 4-5 inches clearance from ground ) ...put a bar/pipe across the front of the bucket and leave about 3-4 feet hanging to the side ... attach 2 chains to the pipe / bar and down to the front of the deck (each corner) of the mower .... so that it drags straight...

start the mower , climb onto the tractor , move forward and drop the mower into the side of the drive ..... DO NOT BACK UP ... full passes only ...

try to mount the mower so the discharge chute is away from the tractor...

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #20  
How about something like these mowers.

These mowers that could fit on just about anything.

Attachments

• boomred1.jpg
    boomred1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 185
  • boommower1.jpg
    boommower1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 424