ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #1  

s219

Tractor
Kubota L3200, Deere X380, Kubota RTV-X
Here's a shot of my driveway, about 600 feet long.

IMG_4495.jpg

Over part of it, the ditch and shoulder are getting pretty weedy and tall, and I'd like to figure out a clever way to mow with a tractor. I can't really get my push mower or riding mower in there due to the irregular ground and slope off into the ditch, and I definitely can't straddle it with my L3200. Last summer I weed whacked it, but that was tedious and clumsy.

A sickle mower would be the ticket, but they are too expensive for such a small job. Wondering if there is some other idea or hack I can try.

I do have a Honda push mower with a rusted out deck, and was wondering if there's a way to salvage the motor and blade and make some mower I can hang off the side of the 3-pt, with some sort of wheels to keep it from scalping. But that would probably be a bit dangerous.

There's got to be a clever solution to this.....

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #2  
A simple solution is a tow behind mower which can be offset. A batwing cutter works great too but you probably don't want to go that route.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #3  
A walk behind string trimmer adapted to a 3pt attached frame that sticks out to the side would be safer than a blade. Raising and lowering would be simple, extending it out and retracting is certainly doable with some design work ... maybe a telescoping tube affair pushed and pulled by a power beyond hydraulic cylinder. Maybe the folks at Everything Attachments would build something if there is enough demand.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #4  
Spray the weeds with a broadleaf killer and let the grass grow. Mow off after it goes to seed and it may get tall again but shouldn't be too bad.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #5  
Sickle bar might be a possibility if you spend a little time on craigslist. I see them for $300-$400 in my area occasionally.

/ ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #7  
   / ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway
   / ideas for mowing shoulder/ditch next to driveway #10