22 TON Husky Log splitter

/ 22 TON Husky Log splitter #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
We been thinking about getting a log splitter for a few months now and this weekend I stumbled onto a 22 ton unit at TSC.
I was thinking about getting one for the tractor but ran across this one and figured it would work fine and I can live with another engine to "care for."
The sell it locally for 1099 but this had a marked down tag on it for $899. Talked to the employee and they said it was never run but the engine was replaced due to being damaged in shipping. Said nothing else was wrong with it and the everything is brand new including the motor (never had gas in it).
Well we talked about the price and they said $699 - I said hook it to the truck.

After getting home I fueled it, checked all the oil and fired it up. Seems to be perfect, everything worked great and split a bunch of wood. Split the biggest stuff I had here and did so without any problems so I am pretty pleased. I have checked everything after using it some and no leaks or problems so I figure I am good to go. I think this was a great deal but would like a log catcher on the side - does anyone know if there is such a thing. Hate having to bend down and get the split part every pass.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,703
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 404
   / 22 TON Husky Log splitter #2  
We have one of those units as well. It has been great. Just picked up a four-way splitting attachment this spring. It really speeds things up, if the logs are the right size. These units are manufactured by SpeeCo, so when searching for information, keep that in mind. Here is the log catcher attachment from TSC: SpeeCo Log Catcher - Tractor Supply Co.

/ 22 TON Husky Log splitter #3  
I split wood long ago. That is a fantastic price for a 22 ton splitter. Does the log catcher hold the splits up as high as the main I-beam? That would be a great feature - especially as splitting rolls into hour -5-6-7 and on.

/ 22 TON Husky Log splitter
Great info - thanks. I didn't realize they made one and it is really simple. May have to grab some old steel over at the shop and fab something up!!

/ 22 TON Husky Log splitter #5  
I have a slightly older version of that same splitter. Worked good but the engine was mounted rigid to the frame and self destructed the fan shroud from the vibration. Had an awful time getting it apart to fix. Had a Briggs motor. I've since bought the 3pt framework for it and use it only with the tractor. The engine ended up on a rototiller. Just something to watch for, and they are readily convertable to 3 pt. With some disconnects on the original trailer you have the option to switch back and forth.

/ 22 TON Husky Log splitter #6  
Ive had one for 3 years and have Split about 20 cord....flawlessly.

I split mostly with it in the vertical position, sitting on a 5 gal bucket. REALLY SAVES THE BACK.

I have the 'table' for it. It holds the logs high and works well. It's available at TSC store or on their web site.

SpeeCo Log Catcher - Tractor Supply Co.

Last edited:
   / 22 TON Husky Log splitter #7  
Very nice deal on that splitter.

/ 22 TON Husky Log splitter #8  
Is there any reason that you don't like to split wood vertically? No need for a catcher. Sit on a low stool and feed the splitter from the side and toss the wood in a pile on the other side.

I have the 35-ton model from TSC and find it easier to roll the logs onto the vertical splitter rather than try to lift them onto a horizontal rail. But I do deal with stuff up to 36" in diameter.

/ 22 TON Husky Log splitter #9  
To get around lifting the rounds up to the horizontal splitter. I would dig a T-shaped trench in the ground and roll the splitter into that. This would put the main I-beam at ground level and the rounds would then simply be rolled onto the splitter. I still had to pick up and throw the splits into the trailer and then crawl in and stack it in there. I'm too old for that stuff now.