Why do you live where you live?

/ Why do you live where you live? #1  

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, 1140 RTV
OK,in my business I work from coast to coast. Usually spending weeks or months at a time. New states, new towns, and always, new people. Everywhere I go I meet people who wouldn't live anywhere else. Why? For me it is Southwest Virginia in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. God was smiling when he made the Blue Ridge. So, tell me why you choose to live where you live.

/ Why do you live where you live? #2  
For me it's all the water, the seasonal changes, and family here in Michigan!! I would love to live in Alaska but swmbo says no way.

/ Why do you live where you live? #3  
Because my wife says so!!

/ Why do you live where you live? #4  
Have lived in Central Michigan all my life, born here, raised here, family and friends nearby, love the change in seasons.

/ Why do you live where you live? #5  
I live in southwest Virginia so no explanation needed ! That's how I feel about it at least.

/ Why do you live where you live? #6  
I live near Minden, NV, snuggled up to the eastern flank of the Sierra, right below the south end of Lake Tahoe. Came here for the soaring, some of the best soaring in the world. But also love the scenery, seasons, and the conservative political climate. There are lots of great places to be in the USA, and this is just one of them!

bumper

/ Why do you live where you live? #7  
Born and raised in here NE Wyoming. I love the summers, hate the winters. Spring and fall balances everything out.

I guess mostly, the Big Horn mountains to the West, the Black Hills to the East and the high plains in the center keeps me here.

/ Why do you live where you live? #8  
I am sure all of the above feel the same. But after a 5, 7 or 11 day trip my family is ready to go back to " Gods Country " as we call it. Always happy to hit NC state line in a car or airplane. Va is a beautiful state much like NC. Michigan allways makes me think Detroit and Harcore Pawn show on Discovery channel.
A CFO of major company who I became close to had a 45 foot boat on one of the great lakes and loved it. Just goes to show don't judge a book by its cover. I am sure Michigan has many beautiful areas and I do envy the cooler summers.

/ Why do you live where you live? #9  
We lived in Alaska for 23 years but when I retired we moved to this property about 25 miles due SW of Spokane, WA. Alaska is for young people, not a place to retire. Here I have - 80 acres, nearest neighbor is over 4 miles away, property has two lakes on it - one is 5 acres & 80 feet deep and totally contained within the property, the other is over 150 acres - I own 25 of them and its a fantastic waterfowl hunting area - we are truly "out in the sticks" yet only 25 miles from Spokane. The property has been in my family for over 80 years and will be passed on to my son. The weather is never severe for an extended period and is normally very nice.

Here I truly enjoy being able to do - - what I da+n well please - and know it affects no one else.

/ Why do you live where you live?
We lived in Alaska for 23 years but when I retired we moved to this property about 25 miles due SW of Spokane, WA. Alaska is for young people, not a place to retire. Here I have - 80 acres, nearest neighbor is over 4 miles away, property has two lakes on it - one is 5 acres & 80 feet deep and totally contained within the property, the other is over 150 acres - I own 25 of them and its a fantastic waterfowl hunting area - we are truly "out in the sticks" yet only 25 miles from Spokane. The property has been in my family for over 80 years and will be passed on to my son. The weather is never severe for an extended period and is normally very nice.

Here I truly enjoy being able to do - - what I da+n well please - and know it affects no one else.

Ok. I'm sold. When can I visit ?