cucumber snacks/meals

/ cucumber snacks/meals #1  

General Lee

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, L4400, BX1870
Fellas,

I need some other meal ideas for cucumbers other than in a salad. Any body have a good cucumber salad recipe? I'm giving all my cukes away because I can't eat that many without having a salad everyday, and that is just not me :)

/ cucumber snacks/meals #2  
Cucumber sandwich..2 slices of bread,Miracle Whip,salt & pepper.

/ cucumber snacks/meals #3  
Peeled if preferred, then sliced and into a bowl of vinegar with a good sprinkle of black pepper, kind of like potato chips hard to eat just one, especially if you add some sliced sweet onions as well.

Cheers

Roger

/ cucumber snacks/meals #4  
My Mom always made a cucumber salad. Cucumbers, Sour cream, Onions, salt pepper.
Also, sliced cucumber (round ) with a dollop of creme cheese.

Cucumber-Rye Tea Sandwiches

Cucumbers star two ways in these Southern-style tea sandwiches. Seedless cucumber gets grated and mixed with cream cheese for a delicious spread, and slices of Persian cucumbers make a crunchy topping.
Cucumber and Baby Pea Salad

This green salad contains no lettuce and no vinaigrette曜ust cucumbers, peas, parsley and basil in a tangy yogurt dressing.
Quick Kimchi Cucumbers

Koreans eat kimchié*� garlicky, chile-laden pickleé*�t almost every meal. Traditionally, kimchi needs days, even weeks, to ferment, but David Changç—´ kimchi is ready in 45 minutes. A highly addictive hot dog condiment, itç—´ best served right away, when the cucumbers are still juicy.

Cucumber-and-Radish Salad with Burrata

Cucumber and Baby Pea Salad
This green salad contains no lettuce and no vinaigrette曜ust cucumbers, peas, parsley and basil in a tangy yogurt dressing.

Grilled Steak with Cucumber-and-Daikon Salad

Cucumber-Mint Chutney Tea Sandwiches
Arrange 6 of the bread slices on a work surface and spread 1 tablespoon of the mint chutney on each. Top with the sliced cucumber and close the sandwiches. Cut off the crusts, then quarter the sandwiches on the diagonal and serve.

/ cucumber snacks/meals #5  
One of my favorites, A cool Cuke Sandwich, pumpernickel bread, cream cheese on both sides, bean sprouts, and/or broccli sprouts, cumumber slices, somewhat thinly sliced, leave the skin on, very good sandwich,

/ cucumber snacks/meals #6  
Have you tried making Refrigerator pickles...either dill or sweet...just google refrigerator pickles...plenty of recipes ...We just make 9 quarts ...Yum ! and easy to make...no boiling, sterilizing jars...easy...!

/ cucumber snacks/meals #7  
Cucumber sandwich..2 slices of bread,Miracle Whip,salt & pepper.

Please disregard this. Use Helman's, the one true mayonnaise.

/ cucumber snacks/meals #8  
Peeled if preferred, then sliced and into a bowl of vinegar with a good sprinkle of black pepper, kind of like potato chips hard to eat just one, especially if you add some sliced sweet onions as well.

Cheers

Roger

X 2! I can make a meal with cuke/onions fixed like this, along with some fresh peppers and maters out of the garden...in fact, that's what I've been eating for about a week, for at least 2 meals a day...along with some ribs/sausage cooked on the Egg.

/ cucumber snacks/meals #9  
I think I've tried every recipe mentioned above, and in spite of the fact that my wife and daughters like raw cucumbers, I've never had any use for them. It they ain't pickled and I can't give them away, I'd throw them away.:laughing: I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'd as soon eat raw watermelon rind as to eat raw cucumbers.:laughing: