First pair of bibs!

/ First pair of bibs! #1  

flying m

Tractor
John Deere 5403, John Deere 110
After fifty three years on earth I just bought my first pair of bib overalls. Oh, Carhartt ducks, thanks for asking. First off, I freakin' love em' and could live in them. However, I always carry a leatherman and occasionally a light in a belt case. Now I'm at a loss what to do and I figured that I'd reach out to you veteran bib wearers. If I shove everything in my pockets it's crazy uncomfortable. Maybe just learn to adapt, carry a smaller multi tool or are there secrets out there that I don't know about?

/ First pair of bibs! #2  
Get some adhesive backed velcro and use the hook side to stick it to your chest, back, arm, wherever there is enough hair to hold it ;)

/ First pair of bibs! #3  
Hmmm ... the back is inconvenient and the "wherever" may prove to be quite painful :)

/ First pair of bibs! #4  
That's why I went with Proppers cargo pants
0-325-propper-poly-cotton-ripstop-bdu-pants-khaki.jpg

and
holdup-suspenders.

I can fit an 11" laptop in the cargo pants pocket, or a 3lb sledge and a bunch of tools. Sometimes I've had 15lbs of tools in the pockets. And the suspenders never let go.

Can you get bibs with cargo pockets?

/edit - large cargo pockets. That's why I buy Proppers, they are full size, military style cargo pockets, not little tiny things.

/ First pair of bibs! #5  
Here! Here! on the suspenders - lol. I've never owned a pair but they are definitely on my list.

/ First pair of bibs! #6  
After fifty three years on earth I just bought my first pair of bib overalls. Oh, Carhartt ducks, thanks for asking. First off, I freakin' love em' and could live in them. However, I always carry a leatherman and occasionally a light in a belt case. Now I'm at a loss what to do and I figured that I'd reach out to you veteran bib wearers. If I shove everything in my pockets it's crazy uncomfortable. Maybe just learn to adapt, carry a smaller multi tool or are there secrets out there that I don't know about?

Enjoy. I wore them when I was a kid, and I hated them. Only the poor kids wore them; all the rest wore "belt pants" which was another name for blue jeans. I swore that I would never wear another pair when I got old enough to work and buy my own clothes. I can still remember answering the call and having to wear a befouled suspender around my neck for the rest of the day.

/ First pair of bibs! #7  
This thread is funny. :laughing:

/ First pair of bibs! #8  
I carry a good size lock-back knife in its belt sheath in the right leg tool pocket of my Carhartts....or sometimes a putty knife as well. But be careful when mowing on hills (depending on the exact situation), it might fall out and be lost. Thus I move it to the left rear pocket. The right rear holds a large kerchief for sweat. As a rule, I don't wear them (Carhartt) to church on Sunday. I find those bibs with lighter material to be cooler than belted pants.

Oh yeah, a "befouled" strap or loosing your glasses in that process is a risk.:D

/ First pair of bibs! #9  
Just wear your leather man in the pliers pocket on the side of the right leg. A cell phone can go there too. If you keep your money in the chest pocket it's easy to keep track of.

/ First pair of bibs! #10  
I second the motion for cargo pants...
The biggest issue with overalls is if you eat a lot of flatulence producing foods...remember they tend to vent towards the top front...:eek: