Saw something today that gave me a little hope

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
I was driving home today and saw a young boy sitting by the side of the road with an iced tea stand set up. It has been raining here all weekend and still was. I drove past and decided that hey, if he's got enough motivation to sell iced tea in the rain, I'd buy a cup. At $2.00 a cup, it wasn't a bargain, but I'd say he earned it. I asked him how business was and his face lit up, I handed him his $2.00 and with a smile I received a "thank you very much!" :thumbsup:

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #2  
One of the better stories that I have heard. I suspect that you made his day. I'm sure that was worth a whole lot more than the iced tea.

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #3  
There's two young girls, early teens, that sell eggs at the end of their driveway. It's on a country road that's not particularly busy, but they typically sell all their eggs in a few hours. We buy eggs from then when we can, and give them a tip as well. Good to see youngsters with the entrepreneurial spirit!

bumper

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #4  
I always make a point to drop a few bucks when I see something like this. We recently bought some craft flowers made with colored duct tape from two young girls at the local farmers market. Well worth the couple dollars to see those girls light up.

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #5  
I used to buy sweet corn and pumpkins from a couple of kids down the street. They grew up and moved away, but they were nice kids.

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #6  
I love I to see kids do something like this. Right now I have the neighbor's son at one of my rentals digging out some bushes and shrubs that got out of hand. A year ago he was just a kid, but now he looks me in the eye and tells me what day he will be done and that he is going to hire his friend to get the root balls in the back of his dad's truck. His dad just started a construction business and I hope joins his dad and he talks some day about his "first job". God love America.

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #7  
Well there has been a drive thru sweet corn stand run by the kids on the farm for about ten years every summer. They have the sweet corn in an ice tub and you pull in as say you need a dozen ears and they hand it to you through the window. farm fresh and competitive with the local stores.

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #8  
Well there has been a drive thru sweet corn stand run by the kids on the farm for about ten years every summer. They have the sweet corn in an ice tub and you pull in as say you need a dozen ears and they hand it to you through the window. farm fresh and competitive with the local stores.

That is so cool.

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope #9  
I had a Kool aid stand when I was a kid. 2 cents a cup, and mom supplied the Kool aid and sugar. Can't recall, who drank the most, the customers or myself. But I was outside and out of her hair.

/ Saw something today that gave me a little hope
One of the better stories that I have heard. I suspect that you made his day. I'm sure that was worth a whole lot more than the iced tea.

Absolutely, seeing him sitting in the rain waving as we drove by kinda made our day. I guess you could say that's good ole American determinination.