New Year's Day traditions ???

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #1  

mountain_man

Gold Member
Tractor
JD790
New Year\'s Day traditions ???

Just thought I'd see what New Year's Day traditions y'awl had.

In my area, most of the horse owners (guys only), get together around 10 am on New Year's Day. We're all saddled up in Western garb, and ride out to a local saloon to imbibe some spirits and start the New Year right. The ride back is usually comical! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif At least the horses know the way... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #2  
Re: New Year\'s Day traditions ???

For the past 31 years, with only two exceptions, we have shared New Year's eve with another couple. We hit a couple of parties (in the last 20 years, the same ones) staying at one until 10 PM and the other until 1 AM. Then we go back to one or the other's house, play bridge until 6 AM, then have a steak, egg and champagne breakfast. The visiting couple heads home and we sleep until Noon or so. The two exceptions were family emergencies, one to each couple.

I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but we look forward to it because it has become such a tradition.

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #3  

Popcorn and a movie with the family, send the kid off to bed, then another movie (without cartoons) for me and the wife, A little more popcorn and if we make it to midnight and good night kiss.

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #4  

My side of the family get together for what we call a fat fry. Yep everything we make has to be Beer Battered. We make onion rings, cheese curds, shrimp, fish and chicken. We even battered turkey gisards once. Pretty much makes up our new years day.

murph

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #5  

Spend the evening with friends and the day with family(not that the family aren't friends). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #6  

Hot Dog! Hey Murph do you have an extra seat at the table over there? You have my mouth watering already /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #7  

Come right on over. Plenty of room. Family our size we can always sneek someone in and we wouldn't even know it.

murph

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #8  

Couple of the latest released movies,
Fresh popped Detroit Popcorn, (it’s the worlds best)
Peeled shrimp and a good spicy cocktail sauce,
and a bottle of my own home made wine.
We might even be awake for the New Year.
Get up early in the morning and call all our friends and family that partied all night to wish them all

Happy New Year. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #9  

We're not big party goers, so on New Year's Eve, we fix a "special" dinner for any family members wanting to be around. Special means anything that we haven't had recently. After dinner, we start our movie marathon. Everyone who is staying has agreed to what the movie theme will be for the year (action Adventure, Comedy, Musicals, etc.). Depending on how many people will be around each person chooses two or three movies in that theme. Then we start watching them after dinner. We'll usually get through 2 or 3 before people start pooping out, so we all turn in and start again on New Year's Day - AFTER the Rose Parade is over. Basically, for the rest of the day it's just lay around watching movies and eating whatever you want to eat!

Not terribly exciting, but no one in the family will allow the tradition to die off! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy New Year to you all!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Year's Day traditions ??? #10  

reminding the wife of her place in the family....... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 356422-1955b.jpg
    356422-1955b.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 127