Those free standing metal framed carports...

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #1  

Kenneth in Texas

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4wd, FEL
where would a person buy just the individual COMPONENTS of one at? I can find many places that sell complete kits, installed and DIY but im looking for just the metal frames and fasteners specifically. Any idea where in the southern USA that sells such things and preferably at wholesale prices? :thumbsup:

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #2  
I know this doesn't answer your question specifically, but have you seen the carport kit at Costco?

/ Those free standing metal framed carports...
Yes seen one, but too high for what i want. Ive searched high and low for components that go into making these type carports but so far nothing.
All in the world they are, is straight galvanized 12 to 14 gauge metal rectangle tubes, that fit and screwed into pre-made fasteners.

Attachments

• carport.jpg
    carport.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 120
   / Those free standing metal framed carports... #4  
I would look at Farmtek. I have been to their facility in Dyersville, IA. Quality of the stuff seems good but I have not bought anything from them yet. It looks like you can order components or complete kits. 302 Found

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #5  
I too am interested in finding the components, if you find a source please post it here.

I too am interested in finding the components, if you find a source please post it here.

its pretty amazing that its not easy to find several sources of these things, hours at google has uncovered virtually nothing as far as a primary one stop shop source of metal carport components :mad: but now if you want a complete kit there are 100s available and the difference between the kit diy prices verse a full installation by a company is less than $100 in many cases. Makes no sense to me but I will still keep searching.

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #7  
American fence here in Tucson will sell the parts in any configuration that you want. They have stores in lots of places. I built a four stall horse shed with center isle using carport parts bought from them.

https://afence.com/store/home.php

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #9  
Menards carries them and can provide you with the manufacturer's number. I called them looking for the supports as I was thinking about making ours a bit longer. Price was the same from the company or Menards, BTW.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check all those places out this coming week but looking on their sites I'm really not seeing exactly what I need. Check out the picture im attaching, these are the parts and the NAMEs of the parts I need. All these carports, name brands, etc, regardless of size are built exactly alike which leads me to believe theres a company(s) that stamp this stuff out by the millions and then sells it to retail companies, large and small, that make these carports and light duty buldings. Its this type company (the factory) or a distributor of the components that im trying to locate in the usa.

Like i was saying i can find numerous retail carport companies that sell them as total kits, either they can install or diy BUT i cant find one that will sell just the individual components nor will they divulge where they get their supplies from, which i can understand them not doing because they wouldnt want any more competition if they have anything to do with it.

So i want to go to the source of these components, even if I have to buy a truckload of parts and components. This is where im drawing a blank searching, cant find one supplier of components. Menards, home depot, lowes, some fence companies, etc. sell these kits but they are doing so on a retail basis, im looking for some wholesale prices for these things. Look at this pic in this post, these components are named this regardless of what retail kit or name brand you go with. Rafters, legs and baserails, they're just 12-14 gauge square tubes which i can find and of course can buy the R panels locally, but the "side bends" and "center bends" are what im finding tough to locate and all these pieces fit together like line posts on chain link fence, then you screw them together to form the unit.

Any ideas on these particular parts? Or on second thought i guess i could buy a bender and bend them myself.

Attachments

• carport.jpg
    carport.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited: