Blackpowder people?

/ Blackpowder people? #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
Kentuckys early blackpowder season/weekend opens this weekend. I've had "many, many" big ole fat does eating my corn/beans all summer and I'm looking forward to fresh tenderloin cooking in a big iron skillet with a side of taters and onions. Anyone else going?

/ Blackpowder people? #2  
Ours (NY) opens Sat.Oct.18.We have lots of does around but I'm holding out for horns.I won't be shooting any little bucks but we have a couple pretty decent ones around.

/ Blackpowder people? #3  
Virginia's starts 11/1 for two weeks. Usually at height of rut....my favorite time in the woods.

/ Blackpowder people? #4  
Large doe frequenting my back yard. Saw her last evening and almost got the bow out.

/ Blackpowder people? #5  
Yeah I will break mine out this weekend. My Dad and I will go down to his camper and hunt on an island on the White River NWR in Arkansas.
Deer hunting transportation via aluminum john boat. Works pretty well in the river bottoms if you know where there are oak flats and ridges where acorns are dropping in the early season down here.

/ Blackpowder people? #6  
It's "primitive weapons" week here in GA...reg. gun season opens Sat.
This week anything goes including spears...

There is a HUGE mast crop this year...the deer will not be having to travel far to find fodder...

/ Blackpowder people? #7  
Going to try and shoot a doe in Pennsylvania's early muzzleloader season this Saturday.

Will